CB room service question...

waterloogirl

Hello all... I've been a cruiser of these boards for sometime now and have quick question for the experts. My husband and I cruised the Princess Grand in 2002 and were thrilled to learn that we could write on the room service card (left out each evening) anything we wanted for breakfast delivery the next day... low and behold, we could and enjoyed many balcony breakfasts throughout the cruise. We're cruising the CB early March and are hopeful we will be able to enjoy the same room service availability (we always tip well :).... anyone have advise as to whether or not this is still a "secret" option??? THANKS MUCH IN ADVANCE. Happy cruising everyone!! :)

Waterloogirl,

When DH and I were on the CB last January, our stateroom steward told us upfront that we could not "write in" additional items when ordering cabin breakfast. We had enjoyed this on other Princess ships, but this practice doesn't seem to be allowed on the CB.

I'll include this in my report from the ship next week.

Chris

Hello all... I've been a cruiser of these boards for sometime now and have quick question for the experts. My husband and I cruised the Princess Grand in 2002 and were thrilled to learn that we could write on the room service card (left out each evening) anything we wanted for breakfast delivery the next day... low and behold, we could and enjoyed many balcony breakfasts throughout the cruise. We're cruising the CB early March and are hopeful we will be able to enjoy the same room service availability (we always tip well :).... anyone have advise as to whether or not this is still a "secret" option??? THANKS MUCH IN ADVANCE. Happy cruising everyone!! :)

It seems that things have been changing rapidly. I agree, it is a shame that it can no longer be done, especially on the Grand Class ships. :(

Thanks for the responses. That's a shame... I can't imagine leaving my balcony to crawl to the buffet in the early a.m.;) Does anyone know the available items for room service breakfast? I'm assuming it's "contintental" fair?? Please, Please tell me they will at least bring me coffee!!!! THANKS

Waterloogirl,

The continental cabin breakfast menu includes Danish, croissants, fruit-flavored yogurt, cold cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, hot tea, juice. You will have to order each item separately: i.e. if you want butter and/or preserves for your pastries, you need to order these; also, milk for cereal, coffee cream, etc., must be specified on the cabin breakfast card.

DH and I used to enjoy having breakfast on our balcony when we could order a bit of protein - eggs, breakfast meats, etc. We avoid the buffet if at all possible and have actually learned to love going to breakfast in the dining room. The Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine are excellent, and we like the opportunity to have breakfast with fellow passengers.

Bon Appetit! and Bon Voyage!

Chris

If this is true, it is most unfortunate. Wish someone on the CB now or in the near future would just try the write-in approach (which I've always done on my 3 previous Princess cruises on Golden and Star) and see if room service delivers off-menu anyway....and let us know.

I'll include this in my report from the ship next week.

Chris

Thanks for your earlier update, Chris. I hope the seas settle down. Let us know if you were successful in writing in for breakfast.

Thanks!

Archived