Diamond ?

picomullet

I feel really bad for those who had booked and didn't get to Cuba.  It's why I did the MSC cruise in May (a true overnight in Havana and cost less for a 7-night sailing than Carnival wanted for 5 nights).  I'm so glad I got to go.  I also cancelled my April Sunrise sailing that was to call in Havana.  No way I'm doing a 5-night generic Western sailing, and since my cruise was in 2020, we only got our deposit back - not even a measly $50 OBC - but, hey, it was booked ES so I'm glad they waived the cancellation penalty!

Anyway, back to being Diamond - does anyone know when they typically hold the "Special event invitation from the Captain on each sailing"?  We have 3 sea days on the Bermuda sailing, so I imagine it will be one of those.  Hopefully they won't have it at the same time as our Meet & Greet!

On 6/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, Davey Wavey said:

It is a CATEGORY upgrade, so Interior -> Oceanview -> Balcony. They say it has to be booked within 1 year of hitting diamond for a sailing within 2 years of hitting diamond.  From Carnival's website:

One-time complimentary category-type upgrade on applicable booking. Upgrade varies by ship class and is subject to certain category restrictions and exclusions. Does not include upgrade from balcony to suite. 

I’m so happy I found this thread. I became diamond in 2016 and used all of the diamond perks for a 15 day 2017 Hawaii cruise EXCEPT the category upgrade.

i just called Carnival to see if I could use it for my booked May, 2020 Radiance Med cruise. The first agent I spoke with said “No”. She said that the promotion linked to my VIFP number must have expired. When  I explained that I wasn’t calling about a promotion, but calling about a Diamond perk, she put me through to the Diamond desk where the agent upgraded me from a 6A ocean view to an 8D balcony. This is a significant upgrade. It would have cost us more than $900 if we booked this cabin without the perk. Moreover, the agent told me that if we cancelled this cruise, the perk would be ours to use on another future cruise.

Thank you Carnival!

• Like 1