Epic upgrade bid

Carolina85

Need help from all you experts dealing with upgrade bids.  We sail

June 12 on the Epic leaving out of Rome.  We already have a balcony room and were offered to upgrade to mini-suite with balcony, spa, or Haven.  I did a mock booking and according to the website all three categories are sold out.  Are they really since they offered a bid?  Should I just offer a price and see how it goes?  Just to be clear, there are 4 of us in the cabin so if we win the bid, that includes al 4 of us.  I just don't want to make any crucial mistakes.  Thanks!

The question is tricky. 

Rome is a secondary embarkation port for the Epic. The primary embarkation port is Barcelona. There is a smaller inventory of rooms held for people embarking in Rome. So, they may offer unoccupied rooms out of Barcelona near cruise time. 

There are always last minute cancellations (we have cancelled week of cruise twice). 

Yes, a wining bid will move all 4 of you. But, only passenger 1 and 2 are charged the upgrade. 3 and 4 upgrade for free. 

We did this trip on Epic from Barcelona a couple of years ago. I would only offer that the trip is so port intensive we really did not utilize the amenities the Haven offered.  We were exhausted end of the day and off the ship early every morning. The one thing we did use was room service to make those early departures. 

It it is a great trip. Enjoy!