Renewing Wedding Vows

I was thinking of booking a cruise in october, and the wife and I were thinking about renewing our wedding vows while on the trip.

Has anyone had any experience with this, or have any recommendations? Should we do it on the ship? is it ultra expensive to do it on a beach? Also, Since this would be the highlight of the trip....I'll probably book the route/ship based on the best place to do this.

Please, your experience would be appreciated.

Look on the boards under Special interest->Wedding Cruises

If you dont find what you are looking for then compose a post.

It seems to be hit or miss in terms of weddings and vow renewal. Lot's of people think the booking/planning experience was great/smooth/easy others find it difficult/trying/frustrating.

Some people have a 'smooth sailing' experience while others have their ceremonies cancelled by the cruiseline.

I suggest that you check out the board and make your own decision.

Good Luck !

my dh and I were thinking of doing the same on our cruise in April. After looking into doing it on the ship and or on the beach the price range varied from $500.00 - $1600.00. You might find more info on the board for weddings/vow renewals. Good luck in your search. Congrats on renewing your vows.....bottom line....we decided to do it on our own and also in our parish church after we return from our cruise.

I think renewing your vows on a beach would be great. But bear in mind that port calls do get cancelled- there are no guarantees that you will even be stopping at the port at which you've made arrangements. Weather, ship equipment problems, civil wars- almost anything could happen- and then you'd be out of luck.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide and how it goes for you. I'd like to do the same for our 30th in 2008...if my DW decides to stick with me!:D

I think renewing your vows on a beach would be great. But bear in mind that port calls do get cancelled- there are no guarantees that you will even be stopping at the port at which you've made arrangements. Weather, ship equipment problems, civil wars- almost anything could happen- and then you'd be out of luck.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide and how it goes for you. I'd like to do the same for our 30th in 2008...if my DW decides to stick with me!:D

Yeah....I've been lucky so far, and never had a port cancelled. I'm thinking more and more about the beach thing as being the better idea. The chapels on the voyager class ships are nice and all....but....it's not different enough for me.

I think the beach is going to be it. Now I just have to decide where.

We were on the Rhapsody last year and one of our ports was Ocho Rios. We had booked a tour thru A-Z Jamaica Planners and one of the places we got to see was Shaw Park Gardens. The place is gorgeous! Anyway, a wedding had just taken place there before we arrived and it was right in front of a waterfall. Breathtaking! I told DH then that that would be an awesome place to get married or in our case, renew our vows.

Archived