Rhapsody 08/20/2006

I'm on that cruise too. Don't know the answer to your question, but given your description of him I hope the answer is yes, so I can see such great entertainment! You won't catch me actually trying to sing at a karaoke show (not enough money in the world), but I do enjoy watching them when they are entertainingly run.

Have you signed up for the meet & mingle?

LeeAnne

I am cruising on the beautiful Rhapsody of the Seas on 8/20/2006. Does anyone know if Derek Lewis is still doing the Kamikaze Karaoke in the schooner bar? Or if he will still be there in August? He is the best entertainment ever on any cruise ship i have been on.

He was there last week!

I havent signed up yet.

He is great fun. he plays the guitar and sings some and then he gets someone up to the microphone and he picks your song for you. My husband got pulled into it while we were walking through the bar last time and we ended up spending every evening there. i didnt think i would get up and do it either but i did and it was so much fun. he even records the karaoke and sells the cds at the end of the week.

I will admit to getting up to do karaoke only once in my life, but the only song I would do is Joan Jett's "I Love Rock & Roll", because that one doesn't require any actual singing, just growling! :D

It sounds like he does a very entertaining show, and I do hope he's still on board in August. I'll be sure to check it out.

LeeAnne

Archived