Thanksgiving cruise question

chaps612

We are planning a thanksgiving cruise on the Silhouette for 9 days. We have a 15 year old teen daughter and was wondering if it is reasonable to believe that this will be a cruise with plenty of families? We enjoy the Christmas cruises but those itineraries are becoming old and we wanted to try the Southern Caribbean. What say you seasoned celebrity cruisers?

I have taken Thanksgiving cruises and they either have a large number of family groups or almost none at all.  The key factor seems to be length of cruise—7 days or fewer, lots of families; over 7 days, very few.  That is probably due to fact that most schools are only off for one week.

We did a 10 night cruise on the reflection in November 2018, over Thanksgiving. This was ourselves, our two children then aged four and seven, plus a nanny.  

I don’t know how many children there were total on board but there weren’t very many. At the children’s talent show event a couple of days prior to the end of the cruise, there couldn’t have been more than 25 participants total.

This worked well for us because the kids got personalized attention in the kids club. They aren’t old enough to want to form friendships and hang out with other kids, so the number of children on board was just fine for us. We did not do Thanksgiving dinner together, instead we gave the nanny the day off and get a Thanksgiving lunch in the buffet. Honestly this was not ideal,  anyone who is ever done that about they were small children knows that basically it entails someone running back-and-forth to the buffet the entire meal to get something that was forgotten, or to replace something that wasn’t liked, or whatever. No problem but it certainly wasn’t a amazingly memorable meal. That’s OK we overall had a really good time on the cruise and we do it again. The Thanksgiving food that was served at lunch was good, the turkey was actually surprisingly tasty, I’m not usually a big fan of turkey but I thought this was excellent. For a brief moment I thought there would be a mutiny because there were no mashed potatoes And many passengers were quite upset, however the kitchen got the message and some came out in short order.