Just purchased anniversary pkg...

2boyzmom

HONEYMOON/ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE - $79 per stateroom

• Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

• Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

• Complimentary sparkling wine and cake party

• A keepsake photograph

• Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

I figure the booze itself is worth $50-60 plus the dinner at LeBistro. Anyone order this and how is the wine?

We bought this package for our Feb 05 cruise on the Sun. The sparklig wine in the room and the chocolate covered strawberries was good. Think that wine was about $20. Only about 4 coupled showed up for the cake and sparkling wine party so there was plenty of both. This is when they took our picture for the package. You could choose white or red wine in the Bistro.

HONEYMOON/ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE - $79 per stateroom

• Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

• Complimentary sparkling wine and cake party

• A keepsake photograph

• Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

I figure the booze itself is worth $50-60 plus the dinner at LeBistro. Anyone order this and how is the wine?

If you do not attend the wine/cake party, you can choose a photograph from the photo shop as a free photo...just bring your letter with you.

Le Bistro we usually upgrade the wine for champagne...for a few dollars more.

We had this pkg last cruise, it was all quite nice. Most "wine" is french champagne, we actually ended up having the berries/champagne twice delivered and the same for the canapes. We missed the cake thing as we went to the wine tasting. But LeBistro is really nice. PS the champagne costs about $40 on board, l think LeBistro is cover charge of $10 each? Food was very good. Never finished all the choc dipped strawberries - canapes were also nice touch, we enjoyed it. Cherh

All orders should be submitted to our Passenger Courtesy Dept. at least 2 weeks prior to the sailing.

By Phone:

1(800) 327-7030

By Fax:

(305) 436-4147

By Mail:

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attn: Cash Application Department

7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, FL 33126

pdf_small.gif Download our Order Form to send it by fax or mail.

HONEYMOON / ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE

* Prices are subject to change. A 15% gratuity will be added for all massages and wraps

Item #504 - $79.00 per stateroom

• Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Honeymooners' Champagne and Cake party
  • Honeymoon photograph
  • Romantic dinner for two in the Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

A word of warning - anyone who is not American [and who did not pay in US$] will have difficulty booking this - both myself and a guy from Germany were not able to book this package because our original booking was not paid for in US$. I refuse to book this package via my UK TA as in the UK brochure it states that you must show your marriage certificate and it must be in the same month as your anniversary [whereas I understand couples, and familys book this package without this stringent requirement in the US], and also for some reason the cost to us Brits works out at close to $100 as opposed to the US price of $79. I don't see why - do we get a bigger slice of cake and more chanpagne - I don't think so!! So I have had it confirmed twice that you can book this package once you get on board.

• 2 weeks later...
A word of warning - anyone who is not American [and who did not pay in US$] will have difficulty booking this - both myself and a guy from Germany were not able to book this package because our original booking was not paid for in US$. I refuse to book this package via my UK TA as in the UK brochure it states that you must show your marriage certificate and it must be in the same month as your anniversary [whereas I understand couples, and familys book this package without this stringent requirement in the US], and also for some reason the cost to us Brits works out at close to $100 as opposed to the US price of $79. I don't see why - do we get a bigger slice of cake and more chanpagne - I don't think so!! So I have had it confirmed twice that you can book this package once you get on board.

Quite agree, I have posted several times my disatisfaction at the way that we are ripped off in this way. The requirement for marriage certificate is a new and totally unnecessary, introduction.

When I had the hassle of trying to book this last year, my TA erroneously quoted the need for a certificate as a matter of course. It was in last year's brochure but only if you were claiming it as a freebie on certain anniversaries, when booked as an early booking. I was so frustrated that I was going to claim that it was our rabbit's birthday we were celebrating:D

I notice that the TA now has to attach a copy of the certificate:mad:

As you rightly point out, the exchange rate makes this an expensive package to NCL UK's benefit.

I think if I were to do this again, I would book on board.

Did enjoy the sailaway shampoo though!!!!

We ordered the "romance package" as it was called and it was wonderful. Ok, so the other 2 couples that came to the cake/champagne party were married...we are not. My boyfriend and I have been together 52 months and will celebrate for any reason whatsoever. I ordered the package a week before our Spirit cruise in January with no problem...no questions. Enjoyed it all immensely. Worth every penny.

Enjoy your cruise everyone! icon7.gif

Cathy

Is the Anniversary package worth the price if booked in AD suite? I understand we will be getting some nice treats already, so aside from the Bistro dinner and photo, do you think the package is for us? Thanks!

I think that in the suite you might also get some adult beverages included. If this isn't correct (I'm not sure of the AD) the package is a good deal.

Even if you do have drinks included in the AD, you still might want to get the romance pkg if you think you would want to have the wine at dinner.

jmo

-Monte

ATTN: Just looked at a post from someone on the Jewel-they had a suite and said that a dinner in Le Bistro came with their cabin. If you have that you might not want the romance package (unless of course, you want to eat there twice). They also said they got a bottle of wine included in the suite price

With suites AE and above I believe you get sparkling wine and some kind of treat (canapes, strawberries, fruit basket, or flowers) waiting when you board. I think only owners suites (AA) get 3 bottles of booze.

We did the romance package and had an AE suite. We had 2 bottles of sparkling wine waiting. We had one then and saved one in the frig for later.

We also had strawberries, canapes, a fruit basket and flowers because prior to upselling I had also ordered flowers. NCL changed things around so we didn't have duplicates. But we sure had a lot waiting in our suite for us when we boarded! We also received a treat of either fruit trays, strawberries, or canapes about every other day. Plus the invitation to the captain's VIP reception.

It was a fun week! :)

This is a great package. The wine usually goes for about $18 a bottle, you can upgrade the wine and pay the difference if you wish.

:)

I have purchased this package for my wife and I already. When can the sparkling wine be upgraded to another variety? Should this be done prior to two weeks before, or can it be done on day one?

Thanks.

I have purchased this package for my wife and I already. When can the sparkling wine be upgraded to another variety? Should this be done prior to two weeks before, or can it be done on day one?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you can upgrade the sparkling wine that will be in your room when you board..

You can however upgrade the wine you select with your meal in the Bistro. They will just charge you the difference. You do this when ordering your meal, not before.

Archived