Hot Glass

S & LS

Lot's of good feedback and details in many of the responses, but to try and pull several together this was our experience from a few months ago:

We pre-booked which gets you a guaranteed slot, but nothing assigned.  They can only operate when at sea so they do a exhibition show as the ship pulls out of port on the first day.  Right after that show they begin filling the time slots so we went up to watch part of the show and then signed up right after.  Times are available every day, port days in the evening, sea days all day.  The sea days fill up first.  If you pre register and don't contact them for a slot, they will call you on about day 3 to get you in before everything fills up, but your choices will be limited.  The staff told us they always fill all the slots, but I would expect that could vary on # of port vs sea days and length of trip.  You create your own colors and I believe you can select 3, maybe 4 per piece.  Base price gets you a couple choices of type of piece you make, several additional options available for added expense.  If you pre-paid your reservation the difference is added to your account.  We, DW and I, each made a piece and had a great time!  Would recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

... e'll get our time as soon as we board.

Not really a big deal, but you can save the trip to the venue when you board.  We went up there right after we made our specialty dining reservations (boarded at 10:30 and were probably at the Hot Glass Show by 11:00 or so) but they told us they don't make any reservations until after there demo show.  So take your time, enjoy the ship and sail away, then head over there to watch some of what they do and sign up at the end.  We came back and watched about the last 1/2 hour of the demo and there were about 6 guests in front of us as they take them in order of who's been watching the longest.

Here are some photos, I made a starfish and I'm pulling the points in this one, then several of my DW making a tumbler glass.  You can also see the colors to choose from in one of the photos.  The pieces change color when they cool, for example, my starfish is blue and white but it looks orange in this photo.  As you can see, we really did much of the process and in most cases the staff just provided an extra hand,

20190325_122403.jpg

20190325_123208.2.jpg

20190325_123832.2.jpg

20190325_124225.2.jpg

20190325_124312.2.jpg

20190325_124944.2.jpg

20190325_125040.2.jpg

• Like 1