Should I be worried??

hog_wild

I booked our shore excursions at royalcaibean.com about 2 weeks ago but they aren't showing up on the reservation page(you know the page at RC.com where it shows bed arrangement and seating choice). So should I be worried? Should I call RC?

Thanks!

Karen

Try going to the shore excursion section of their website and click on "purchase" and then put in your info for you cruise. When it comes up with your itinerary, click on "view cart" (I think that's it) and it should show what you have booked.

my credit card was charged but didn't get an email confermation. I guess that I need to call.

We booked ours a few weeks back and we didn't receive email confirmation. Our credit card was charged, and it does appear in the "cart" on the webpage. I'm not going to panic...

We booked excursions a few weeks back and I didn't get a confirmation. We went back in to check and they were gone from the cart. I e-mailed tech support and didn't receive a response. I rebooked and my charge card has been charged but I still haven't received an e-mail confirmation either. Again I e-mailed tech support and haven't received a response. I always get that "updating reservation" error message now and can't get back into the cart. I am not too worried about the excursions...I can always take a taxi to the beach...but I really hope RCCL's on-board service is better than the service we are receiving prior to the cruise. Sounds like they are having system problems!

If you are having problems booking shore excursions, call between 8 and 5 Eastern time Monday through Friday and talk to the shore excursions desk. Don't keep retrying to book the same excursion if you're having the same problem. I wouldn't be surprised if your credit card was charged multiple times, which can be fixed but it's a hassle.

..but I really hope RCCL's on-board service is better than the service we are receiving prior to the cruise. Sounds like they are having system problems!

If RCI had to live or die by their service off the ship, they'd have been out of business long ago. Their customer support when you're not onboard is some of the worst I've ever experienced by any corporation.

Now, onboard things have always been great. It's the ONLY reason we continue to consider/sail with RCI.

We have booked shore excursions in the past that did not go through. I didn't check my credit card statement or our account online. I didn't check anything until after the first night when we didn't receive our Shore Ex. tickets in the cabin. That's when I checked with CS on the ship and found out the purchase had never gone through. When we got home, I checked our CC statements and discovered that it had never been charged.

I'd say if your CC has been charged, you're safe. I'd still take a copy of that statement with you if you don't receive some sort of confirmation before you leave. Our cruise docs from our last cruise listed all our pre-purchased shore ex's on it. That made me feel a lot better.

Archived