Access to Deck 12 on Summitt

Lizcourt

We will be traveling on the Summit with my Mom, who uses a wheelchair.  On the deck plans, I don’t see elevators to either of the deck 12 venues, the rooftop terrace and the retreat.  Does anyone know if that deck has some means if access other than the stairs?

The suite retreat on Deck 12 does have an elevator - one of those tiny, 1 or 2 persons at a time specifically for those who need it.  It's not that easy to see, you might have to ask someone where it is (hidden in plain sight) 🙂

Not sure about the rooftop terrace - I don't think so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warmwinds said:

The suite retreat on Deck 12 does have an elevator - one of those tiny, 1 or 2 persons at a time specifically for those who need it.  It's not that easy to see, you might have to ask someone where it is (hidden in plain sight) 🙂

I thought there was an elevator, (similar to the one you described for the retreat sundeck), on the starboard side for access to the rooftop terrace.

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

I thought there was an elevator, (similar to the one you described for the retreat sundeck), on the starboard side for access to the rooftop terrace.

I bet there is (I just haven't seen it).  I'm sure after the Revolution they updated many ADA things.

To get to the one for the retreat sundeck...go to the far forward main elevators, go up to 11.  Go outside (facing the main elevators, go out the doors to your right).  The small elevator is outside, near there.  It's an open-air, just step in and step out thing.  We didn't take it but we saw it.

Warmwinds,

i am sitting out on this spectacular penthouse verandah.  First, Cesar says hello to you both.  Second, you were a trailblazer.  The better chairs are still on the verandah adjacent to the Penthouse.  Way to go!  It has been a glorious cruise.  So sad that we have only 2 nights left.  But, in order to avoid total depression we booked 2 more cruises for a total of 21 more nights in this glorious suite.  While on this cruise Cesar learned about his leave and next contract.  I am happy to report that he will be on both 2020 cruises that we booked.

39 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Warmwinds,

i am sitting out on this spectacular penthouse verandah.  First, Cesar says hello to you both.  Second, you were a trailblazer.  The better chairs are still on the verandah adjacent to the Penthouse.  Way to go!  It has been a glorious cruise.  So sad that we have only 2 nights left.  But, in order to avoid total depression we booked 2 more cruises for a total of 21 more nights in this glorious suite.  While on this cruise Cesar learned about his leave and next contract.  I am happy to report that he will be on both 2020 cruises that we booked.

Yeah, I bet he had a few choice words about me!  (no, on second thought, he's too classy for that).  It would have been INSANE if they had switched the punishment chairs back!

Glad you're enjoying and maybe someday if the stars align we'll be in that cabin, too.

Maybe you can hop up to Deck 12 and see if there's an elevator aft/mid for the movie screen for these nice people?

11 hours ago, warmwinds said:

The small elevator at the back of deck 11 up to the rooftop terrace was installed long before they even had a suite retreat.

There is a small elevator just outside the forward entrance doors on deck 11. You won’t need assistance to use it. There is a small wheelchair lift all the way in the aft, almost hidden from view. It is locked and requires a crew member to operate it. I never tried it but in my experience, it hasn’t worked on past cruises.

as an aside, one would think the upgrades to the ship would have included ADA improvements. They did not. This ship still doesn’t have automatic doors in most areas and the toilets in the public areas are so low that they are dangerous for many folks. All this being said, my stateroom is greatly improved with outlets next to the bed and USB ports.

17 hours ago, Lizcourt said:

... Does anyone know if that deck has some means if access other than the stairs?

See picture 8 & 9 in post #229 on Radio's live Summit thread from back in May: