Maputo, Africa -Dana Tours -Beware -Doubled the price for our tour because ....

Ruth

Maputo, Africa -Dana Tours -Beware -More than Doubled the price for our tour because we were on a cruise ship.

Dana Tours doesn't honor their web-site prices for cruise ship passengers.

For the City Tour which is $30 per person. Emailed me back and for our group of 10 people wanted to charge us $75 per person. 

Letter to me from Dana Tours:

The rate will be USD75 per person (cost for minimum of 4 people as indicated in below email). You can have the vehicle and guide for a max of 5hrs so from 9am to 14pm works fine. Includes guide, vehicle and driver, port entry fee for the vehicle, entrance fees into the natural history museum and fort and a bottle of water per person. Excludes lunch which you can settle direct.

The description and price range of our city tour below is not applicable for cruise ship requests as the operation on this day is entirely different to the norm.

Use sub-contractors for cruise ship days

Beware Cruise Critic's 

Personally, I would not pay for a visa or for a tour in Maputo. Fellow passengers, even those on organized ship tours, did not feel safe there. The shore excursion guide told me he had to intervene several times to assist passengers in getting away from aggressive vendors. 

Traveling in Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico (these seem to be the worst) and through out the world street vendors whether on the beach or in town seem to all be bad. I figure you have to learn how to say "No" a hundred times. And then my husband turns to them with a firm voice and says "No". He is much firmer than myself.