Manhattan Cruise Port ?s

bowen9475

We are sailing on the NCL Escape next Sunday, June 23. We will be arriving into NYC at Port Authority. What is the quickest/easiest way to get to the cruise port? How long does it take the ship to make its way through New York Harbor, out to open sea? When returning to NY after the cruise, what time does the ship usually arrive back to NY harbor? We'd like to watch the arrival from our balcony. Thanks for the help!

21 minutes ago, bowen9475 said:

We are sailing on the NCL Escape next Sunday, June 23. We will be arriving into NYC at Port Authority. What is the quickest/easiest way to get to the cruise port?  How long does it take the ship to make its way through New York Harbor, out to open sea? When returning to NY after the cruise, what time does the ship usually arrive back to NY harbor? We'd like to watch the arrival from our balcony. Thanks for the help!

1. Take a cab.

2.  It's about 45 minutes to the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge (sometimes longer), and then some time more until you get to open water. Not much to see after you go under the Bridge and then see what you can see of Brooklyn (Coney Island).  

3.  The reverse of number 2  -- obviously, we have no idea when your ship is scheduled to dock.

From your balcony, you will only see one side of  the sail-in.   E.g., the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan will be on opposite sides of the ship.  You might want to be on an open deck.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Turtles06

I came in yesterday, I believe we arrived back to the pier around 7.

I think deck 8 aft is the best place to see both sides, you can easily walk back and forth to see both sides with nothing obstructing your view. 

1 hour ago, jtheile said:

I came in yesterday, I believe we arrived back to the pier around 7.

I think deck 8 aft is the best place to see both sides, you can easily walk back and forth to see both sides with nothing obstructing your view. 

Thank you! Was it light enough out to see your surroundings as you were coming back in? That's what we are hoping for. What time were you able to start disembarking?

2 minutes ago, bowen9475 said:

Thank you! Was it light enough out to see your surroundings as you were coming back in? That's what we are hoping for. What time were you able to start disembarking?

Yes.

We weren't cleared by customs until a little after 8, they called several passengers over the PA and told them to bring their documentation so there must have been a customs issue. Otherwise the first carry your own baggage group is scheduled for 7:45.