Noise in Harmony CP Cabins - a Tale of Two Cruises

In October of 2016 we sailed on Harmony of the Seas from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in a Central Park balcony cabin - #14185.    This cabin was very near the water slides on deck 15.  I was a bit concerned that it would be noisy, but took a chance.  When we sat on the balcony during the day, we could hear sounds from the pool deck – music, activity staff announcements, cheering during games – not really loud and annoying and I could enjoy sitting out there.  But when we stepped inside our cabin and slid the door closed, it was instantly silent.  I was pleasantly surprised that the door was that sound proof.

When we booked on Harmony for June 2 of this year, I didn’t hesitate to book another Central Park balcony after our good experience.  This time it was cabin 10277, several decks below the pool deck, but at the other end of the park.  The noise inside the cabin was almost as loud as outside.  The door seemed to not dull the sound at all.  All afternoon it was loud music, pool games and cheering.  Not much chance of grabbing a nap.  I was really surprised at the difference in sound between the two cabins.

This isn’t a complaint.  I just want others to know what our experience was as they are choosing a cabin.  I did not complain to anyone on board because I wouldn’t expect there was any way to solve the problem.  They are not going to shut the pool deck down for one passenger, nor would I want that.  I just chalked it up to lesson learned.  The good thing is that there were no activities on the pool deck much beyond 6pm, so no noise at all during the evening.

I’d be curious to know what other’s experiences are with sound in CP cabins by cabin number. 

Edited by Katie H
line spacing