Glasshouse Ventura

catperson02

I know that it is not possible to book the glasshouse before we cruise but is it possible to book a table once on board? It's my daughters 19th birthday just before we sail and she is meeting her friend who she met on a cruise a few years ago on board. I would like to give her a gift credit to go for a meal with her friend. She is a very fussy pescatarian and the example menus for the Beach House do not look very promising. The Glasshouse, however, looks like it has lots of things that she would enjoy. Because it will just be the two of them I would want to have reserved a table as I feel that they might be overlooked if they just turned up on their own (both are a bit shy and quiet). Many thanks

As far as I am aware tables in the Glasshouse cannot be booked in advance, it is strictly first come first served. That may however, have changed since I last dined there so it may be worth asking P&O about this if you feel you need to know before sailing.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, catperson02 said:

I know that it is not possible to book the glasshouse before we cruise but is it possible to book a table once on board? It's my daughters 19th birthday just before we sail and she is meeting her friend who she met on a cruise a few years ago on board. I would like to give her a gift credit to go for a meal with her friend. She is a very fussy pescatarian and the example menus for the Beach House do not look very promising. The Glasshouse, however, looks like it has lots of things that she would enjoy. Because it will just be the two of them I would want to have reserved a table as I feel that they might be overlooked if they just turned up on their own (both are a bit shy and quiet). Many thanks

Have a word with the manager of the Glasshouse - Ralston, he is a very genuine delightful person and if you explain what is required, he will accommodate it. It is not a question of throwing the rule book away - just a matter of common sense and he will realise that.

3 hours ago, happytravelleruk said:

How small are the 'small' plates on the menu?  Starter size?

Yes as said you get three of them - last year I think it was £5.95 for the 3 out of a choice of about 8. Very nice for a quiet lunch. 

I don't know if you are familiar with the Glasshouse (formerly Ramblas) on Ventura, but in case you are not there is a separate area of the bar which is effectively reserved for diners. You can however, eat elsewhere  in the bar, which many people choose to do. The separate dining area is not usually full except sometimes on formal nights, when some use it and the Beach House as a casual refuge from the MDR.