Sanguinary Islands or Calanques

sk84fungirl

Thank you advance for sharing your insight.

I'm a month out from an upcoming cruise that will port at Ajaccio. While I've cruised the Med previously, this is a new stop for me and only 4 weeks out. Unfortunately there is no roll call here or other sites so we will likely book through our cruiseline for this day. We will be in this port from noon to 9:00 p.m. We are considering "La Parat & Sanguinary Islands" or "Discover the Calanques". Both appear to be half day excursions. 

As always, I appreciate hearing about your experiences and/or recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited Ajaccio very recently. It is a really easy DIY port.

As you exit the port, turn left and less than 5 minutes walk away, there are two hoho options (one open top, one "petit train") which drive around town and both drive out along the coast road with stops at La Parata for the islands. Only a photo stop as only 20 minutes or so.

If you want to walk around the islands, there are reviews on tripadvisor, and you would  take local bus #5 there and back. Frequent service, info online. Bus stops at the only parking area at La Parata, same place as all other travel options. There are toilets there.

Above options are likely to be much less costly than a shorex although they don't go to any calanques, so if these are a priority, the shorex would be a better option.

Ship docks really centrally and Ajaccio is a nice town for walking around. We enjoyed our stop there.

• Like 1