Sofitel Hotel Miami Review Dec 10-11

BettyB2

I had done a lot of research on Hotels for our pre and post cruise stays while in Miami and decided on the Sofitel for our post cruise night due to its proximity to the airport and the free shuttle. (Note:We stayed at HI Bayside precruise and LOVED IT!!!!!!)

I had booked the Sofitel around 3 months in advance of our trip and was able to get it for $122 per night by booking thru their website. It was more than I wanted to pay, but was very happy with the hotel.

It is too depressing for me to get off of a cruise ship (the most comfortable bed and pillows EVER) and end our vacation, so I know must stay one night post cruise. Little did I know that this hotel would make me ALMOST feel like I was still on the ship!!

We debarked around noon and we were to the hotel by 12:30 and checked in. The lobby was beautiful and the doorman/bellman very helpful.

The room was gorgeous and shockingly, the bed was just as comfortable as the one we had just left on the ship. On the other side of the room by our window (which overlooked a patio where they were setting up a blacktie reception/wedding?) there was this white chaise and let me tell you it was just wonderful for my usual "cruise-nap"

The countertop in the bathroom is made of marble and there is a healthy, living bamboo plant in there with an amenity box to boot.

There is a telephone in the bathroom and the sound from the television is piped into the bathroom so you dont miss a moment of your favorite show, news or music:eek:

You can hook up to the internet at the desk in room for $9.95 per day (cheaper than a pot of room service coffee)

Being outside on the deck by the pool and the water was heaven as I sipped on a Mojito ($8)....I didnt even have sealegs as my body was still on ship time. Felt like I was still on vacation.

Views very nice outside and there is also a garden-patio area. A couple of guys were fixing the "crocodile fence" on the other side of the pool near the ocean. Apparently part of the fence had come down during one of the hurricanes and they were closing it up the day we were there to keep the crocs out! We did not see any nearby or anywhere. The pool was beautiful and clean with waterfalls at one end....very nice grounds.

Menu prices were high for food, but they had huge servings. They serve you a medley of olives and little baked cheese type crackers that are baked on premises. I have a copy of the room service menu if anyone is interested....QUITE expensive. Order chicken fingers, burgers etc from bar and bring to your room...much cheaper.

Grounds are very nice; hotel inside and outside is just stunning and pleasing to they eye. Staff friendly and helpful and they treat you sooo good.

My Mojito was made from scratch and was the best I have ever had....maybe not worth $8, but must have been good since I had ALMOST 2 1/2 drinks!!

I may stay there again someday, but next time will look for a hotel that is closer to some action (restaurants, beaches etc). And I found $13 for a bagel, salmon and red onion a little too high priced for breakfast and that is WITHOUT coffee or juice!!

They do have a nice menu and although not on it, I heard the bartender take orders for chicken fingers and burgers (not on menu).

Our morning pot of coffee was almost $15 delivered to our room !! Granted it was beautifully presented, but worth that much?? It included gratuity, but we still gave the girl $2. So total was $17!!!

HUGE downside is that there is not anything nearby that you can walk to (like Bayside has) but overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

They offer free shuttle to the airport.

Sofitel Pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/526521826MSaVTO

Archived