EZ-Air Cancelled Flights/Reimbursement

dearinger

Hello,

As everyone says, I did a search but didn't find an answer on this..apologies if this has been discussed. 

We went on a wonderful (first) cruise with Princess at the beginning of June, I was impressed with the experience and will definitely be a repeat customer. I booked our cruise through a TA, but ended up buying airfare via Ez-Air since it was so much cheaper. 

On the flight back home, we ran into a lot of bad weather out of Fort Lauderdale and eventually made it to Atlanta that night. We ended up spending an un-planned night in Atlanta before getting a flight (delayed) out the next morning. All of our flights were moved around and it was a giant mess the whole weekend. 

We ended up in Des Moines (MSP was the next hop, then down to KC), but all of the flights were delayed or cancelled. Delta said they could not get us home that same day (KC is a couple hours from Des Moines) and they said we would be refunded the cost of the remaining hops in our tickets. 

I received a confirmation email from Delta with confirmation numbers of the reimbursement for the hotel/$200 Uber from Des Moines to KC...which was surprising. 

In the email they said they would refund to the TA, so is that Princess (EZ-Air) of my actual TA?

Sorry for the long story, just trying to give some context.. 

Calling Delta is awful and painful, so I am trying to avoid that. I dont want to spend the afternoon on the phone if someone is already familiar with this process. 

Thanks all!

eZAir will credit your credit card account after they receive the refund from the airline.  United recently refunded the cost of our flights back to eZAir and Princess Customer Relations has indicated that is the way it will work.

Although my TA takes my credit card information for payment, processing is done by Princess.  Credits would also be processed by Princess.

Our TA always has us book eZair online, as she gets no compensation for it.   Then I tell her I've done it and the EZair reservation gets included in the cruise reservation.

If you did this then i would expect the refund to come through your TA, passed on to the TA by Princess.

Thanks for everyones response. I actually received a call from Princess today who apologized on behalf of Delta, refunded my credit card, and compensated us with OBC for our next cruise.. which I am booking tomorrow. 

I am impressed by how Princess handled all of this. 

• Like 3