Shore Excursions

nrg21

Do you have to book ahead of time or can you book on the boat. I really would prefer to book on the boat as I won't know what I feel like doing until I get down there. I do not that I take the chance of the excursions selling out but other than that can you book on the boat?

Yes, you can book on the boat. There will be a shore excursion desk and they will have information available about the different excursions. I normally prefer to book in advance if I know what I want to do, just to avoid the possibility that the excursion fills up, but we were able to book an excursion to Altun Ha without any difficulty when we went to Belize.

Sorry, I don't know what the cut-off time is for booking online. I'd try it and see what happens. There should also be a phone number on the shore excursion information packet that you can call and book by phone.

One comment about booking shore excursions in advance. We did have trouble 2 years ago with our Alaska trip. Booked 2 excursions in advance, but only 1 of them was actually processed. When we got to our room, we only had the tickets for the first excursion, and being a new cruiser, I assumed that the tickets for the second one would be delivered closer to the date of the excursion. They should actually have been included in the envelope with the first excursion. By the time we realized there was a problem, the excursion was mostly full, and our family had to split up into 2 separate groups and go at 2 different times. Now, I book online, and check the confirming email (which we didn't get the first time) carefully to make sure that everything has gone through.

You can book online up to 2 weeks before your sailing date. Just make sure you get the confirmation. I booked online for December sailing on the Star and never did receive a confirmation email. I had to have my TA call and see what the status of the order was.

We are on the Jewel for Feb 12. Is it too late now to book on line?

We're on the Spirit on Feb 9th and I booked an excursion (online) 2 days ago with no problem. Received my confirmation e-mail the next day. Have fun!

Archived