Amber Cove Cabanas

nasellemom1

Quick questions here, our family of four will be on the Breeze in March 2020, stopping in Amber Cove. We would like to rent a poolside cabana for the day, however when I add it to my cart on Carnival, a page pops up to add guest next to my name and my husbands name. Then next to each of my kids (9&7), it says guest does not meet age requirement.... which I understand they are too young for zip lining, but I guess my main questions is, is it like FTTF, where only one person needs to purchase the cabana or do both my husband and I need to pay $325 each for the cabana??

Yes, what Balcony Bound said. 

I've booked a Poolside Cabana for both of our Amber Cove stops on our January 2020 BTB.  I only put my name down when booking it even though my family of four will be using it on the first day, and my family of four plus a few extended family members will be using it on the second day. 

I did it this way for a few reasons:

• DH is doing the Deep Sea Fishing excursion on the first day, so the computer wouldn't let me book him in the Cabana as well.  The error message when I tried said something to the effect of, "This guest already has an excursion booked".  Even though he won't be fishing the whole time we're in port.:classic_rolleyes:
  • I, too, was getting the age requirement error message for my youngest (she will be 2 months shy of 14 when we sail).  Yes, this is because of the zipline, but she is allowed to use the Cabana, so should be able to be booked in it.:classic_rolleyes:
  • For the second day, I don't know which of my extended family members will be joining us in the Cabana, so I didn't want to commit to the wrong names.

I plan on stopping by the Shore Excursions Desk the day before our Amber Cove day on each cruise and give them the complete list of guest names for the Poolside Cabana.

37 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I plan on stopping by the Shore Excursions Desk the day before our Amber Cove day on each cruise and give them the complete list of guest names for the Poolside Cabana.

You will get a request to go to the Adventures desk to complete the form for your preferences and people in the Cabana.  They may want the info sooner than the day before, and they assign the specific cabana when you show up at the desk, so if the choice of cabanas is important to you, stop by there earlier rather than later.

5 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

You will get a request to go to the Adventures desk to complete the form for your preferences and people in the Cabana.  They may want the info sooner than the day before, and they assign the specific cabana when you show up at the desk, so if the choice of cabanas is important to you, stop by there earlier rather than later.

OK, that's good to know!  I'll do that.  Thanks!:classic_smile:

27 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

... so if the choice of cabanas is important to you, stop by there earlier rather than later.

Would you recommend any particular Cabana over the others?  Is it true that there are only 4 Poolside Cabanas?  I can't seem to find any diagrams or maps of the Poolside Cabana layout with Cabana names or numbers (such as for HMC and Princess Cays), to give me an idea of which one I might prefer, if any.😕:classic_blush:

We had a pool cabana at Amber Cove a year ago and loved it. There are only four pool cabanas and they are fairly close to each other. We had the one on the far left.....

IMG_0913-X2.jpg

Here is the cabana information.....

IMG_0837.1-X2.jpg

IMG_0837.2-X2.jpg

Unless something has changed, we never had to check in at the excursion desk on the ship. Everything was handled at the rental hut at Amber Cove. Also, unless something has changed, there isn't an age limit for the zip line, only a minimum or maximum weight.....

IMG_0885-X2.jpg

We covered Amber Cove and the Pool Cabanas quite extensively, with plenty of pictures, in our Conquest review, which can be found in our signature.

20 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We had a pool cabana at Amber Cove a year ago and loved it. There are only four pool cabanas and they are fairly close to each other. We had the one on the far left.....

Would you recommend one cabana over the others?  If so, why?  Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Unless something has changed, we never had to check in at the excursion desk on the ship. Everything was handled at the rental hut at Amber Cove. Also, unless something has changed, there isn't an age limit for the zip line, only a minimum or maximum weight...

According to the notes on the Carnival website (copied and pasted below) when booking the Cabana, there is an age limit.  And it would not let me book my 13-yr old.  So maybe that has changed since your cruise.  Thanks for the info.:classic_smile:

NOTES

Cabana does not include towels.

The price of the ticket is for the entire cabana, maximum capacity of the cabana is 8 guests and is available for your usage as soon as the ship comes into port until one hour prior to sailing.

Minimum age required for zip line 14 years old.

Minimum weight 80 lbs, maximum weight is 265 lbs.

Please be advised that a refundable deposit of $20 cash will be required to receive your Cabana key. This deposit will be returned upon receipt of the Cabana key prior to returning to the ship. 

Cabana Includes:

Small bottles of water

8 Sodas

1 basket of local goodies

Zip line all day pass (1 per person)

Amenities:

A/C

Fan

WIFI

TV with HDMI Cable

Showers

Mist Cooling System

Refrigerator

2 Lounge chairs

Living Room Set (chairs, coffee table and table)

35 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Would you recommend one cabana over the others?  If so, why?  Thanks!

According to the notes on the Carnival website (copied and pasted below) when booking the Cabana, there is an age limit.  And it would not let me book my 13-yr old.  So maybe that has changed since your cruise.  Thanks for the info.:classic_smile:

I think any cabana should be fine. They are fairly close together. As long as your 13 year is over 80 lbs. I don't think they will be turned away from the zip line.

Edited by Jamman54

Just now, Jamman54 said:

I think all cabana should be fine. They are fairly close together. As long as your 13 year is over 80 lbs. I don't think they will be turned away from the zip line.

Thanks.  With the zipline, I figured we would ask the attendant when we get there if she can ride, possibly showing her passport for proof of her age in months, if they are interested.  If they say "no", that'll be OK.  We're going into it assuming she won't be allowed to ride, so if she is, that's just a bonus.  She's 85 lbs right now, so assuming she doesn't lose weight (God forbid!), she'll be fine on that front.:classic_smile:

As was mentioned I think one cabana is pretty much the same as the next, but some people here on CC have distinct preferences so I figured I would mention our experience.

As far a the zip line, if you are OK with your kid going on it, and they meet the weight and height guidelines, I think it is safe to say that no one will stop them.  I would go with them the first time but, after that if you are comfortable with them going by themselves, let them go.  Frankly no one is looking THAT closely at who is going on as long as they have the wristband that shows they paid for the privilege!