One Day Sale Crap!

jeannie1962

Just venting a little here.

We booked on the Victory (5/23/04 sailing) on the day of the "one day sale". We booked a Category 4A and were upgraded to a 4F.

Since the date we booked we've watched the prices drop and average of 10% in every category. When we asked Carnival about either a shipboard credit or a refund on our credit card we were told NO because we have a category 4F.

When I reminded them that the 4F was an "upgrade" that THEY gave us and that we purchased a 4A, I was told that our pricing is at the 4F level not the 4A.

So here's the reality of the 'one day sale". Carnival knows exactly when rates will rise and fall and exactly what months are less demand. What they actually did was have us book a category 4F under the prentense of a "free upgrade" knowing full well that by the sailing date approximatly what the prices for each category would be.

The moral of the story is to STAY AWAY from the so called "one day sale"!!!! The best way to control your cost is to keep watching the prices before you book.

We're now out about $125 based on the 10% decrease in price since the "one day sale". That's a lot of beers by the pool! haha

Feel free to vent here along with me. I don't usually do this. I'm a happy irishman! haha

Happy crusing to all

Bernie

2/01 Carnival Esctasy

10/01 Carnival Triumph

5/02 RCCL Majesty Of The Seas

12/02 RCCL Explorer

9/03 Carnival Pride

5/04 Carnival Victory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;5;23;4;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I updated your other response on this on the other thread. It happens on all sales with upgrades not just one day sales. If money is important than try to move back down to the other category.

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

What is a 4F going for now???Isnt that what you should be looking at as you all ready got an upgrade for what you paid?

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! ;-)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

You didn't pay for a 4A, you paid for a 4F. It just so happened that they were the same price at the time you booked. An automatic upgrade would be when you pay the price for a 4A(that is different than any other catagory) and they automatically upgrade you to a 4F.

--Tybug--

10-01 Imagination

02-02 Sovereign of the Seas

10-02 Inspiration

01-03 Majesty of the Seas

04-03 Inspiration

10-03 NCL Dawn

02-04 Rhapsody of the Seas

05-04 Majesty of the Seas

10-04 Mariner of the Seas

I agree! There is usually always some kind of catch. Was given wrong information by one PVP on One Day Sale, did not book, and was thinking. Called back got different person and she told me he could have done what I wanted after he said he couldn't. Also, he told me upgrades were for all decks, other one told me just the two lower decks. THEN, one of them knocked the girl I spoke with who was "just a booking agent".

My name is no longer getting their fake "One Day Sale" memos. I find I do much better scouting on my own and get better deals.

Just my experience here. Plus, the hunt is part of the fun for me!

Robin

Fantasy/Disney Magic/RCI Sov. of Seas/Inspiration/ Tropicale/RCI Sov.of Seas/ Sensation/Celebration 10/04

Live well, laugh often, love much....

I was actually contacted via email by a carnival rep and got a 8 day southern cruise on the Spirit for $399. I even had an upgrade to 5A from a 1A guarantee.

I agree the best thing to do is watch the prices, when one comes along that is too good to pass on, then grab it.

3/99 Sensation

01/01 Spirit

01/02 Triumph

10/02 Fascination

09/03 Paradise

02/19/04 Spirit

I don't really understand. Last sept, I booked the Glory while on the Ecstacy, to get my $100. This was on the same day as the 1st "one day sale, pay for the lowest, get a free upgrade to the highest"

CCl said they would not let me have have the credit and upgrade, I would have to rebook if I wanted the upgrade and forgo the credit. I booked 8a and got 8e. Later, I transferred it to a travel agent to save a few hundred. Right now, I can't get any more discounts off my room because all the quads are booked.

My friend booked 3 1A cabins the day of the one days sale with no upgrades (this was for 12/20). She cancelled three days ago as she was able to get 6A guarantees a lot cheaper from Sams Club LOL!!!! All in all she saved about $600!

Mary Lynn

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

a-angel.gif

OH HELL, WHERE IS MY SECRETARY???

cruiseship01.gif

Windjammer Flying Cloud 8/78

Windjammer Fantome (deceased) 8/80

Big Red Boat 4/93

Holiday 4/95

Celebration 4/96

Sovereign of the Seas 10/98

Sensation 4/99

Jubilee 7/01

Victory 1/02

Pride 11/02

Triumph (Joe McBlow cruise) 1/03

Spirit 2/03

Inspiration 2/03

RCL Explorer of the Seas 6/03

Princess Star 10/03

Victory 2/04

Triumph 5/04

Miracle 2/05

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Archived