cabin suggestions for 10 adults on enchantment of the seas

larasmom

we were on RCCL majesty of the seas and did a 3 day and had 2 triples (ocean view) and 1 quad (inner cabin) and really hated that we were so squished.

we are trying to plan another cruise

we wanted to stay with RCCL since we all are new crown and anchor members and want to earn points for the future.

we are considering enchantment of the seas

we were thinking since there are 10 of us to get 3 balcony superior ocean view staterooms on deck 7.

4 in one room and 3 in the other 2 rooms. will there be enough room for us? i see the rooms are 190sqft.

is the 7th floor going to be noisey?

we are looking to go on their 4 day western carib from ft lauderdale to key west and cozumel and return. that is as long as we can stay away from the hubbies and kids during the school week.

Whether or not that is enough space depends on lots of things. How much time in the cabin, are there any bathroom hogs( you know the type, long, long time in the shower etc.) When I took my first cruise 4 adult sisters shared an inside cabin. The only time it was really cramped beyond belief is when my 6FT tall sister needed to shave her legs. She had to open the shower curtain and use the toilet seat to prop up her leg. That was really funny!

If you like close quarters, save the extra money for fun stuff, if not you might choose more cabins.

I loved the balcony on my last cruise, just to relax late at night and listen to the ocean.

IMO, and this is just my opinion, 4 adults in 1 regular balcony cabin = nightmare. I really don't think you'll feel all that much less squished then you did before. If the second beds are the sofa bed, then two of you will be sleeping together on what many report to be a pretty small bed. It's not a regular sofa bed; apparently, you sleep "sideways" on it. I don't know if any of the cabins you are considering have pullmans for the 3rd and 4th pax. And one bathroom for 4 adults? Eek! Having a balcony will at least give you a little more room, but be aware that almost all the regular balconies (for regular cabins, not suites) really only have room for a small table and two chairs. The only larger balconies are those that are directly aft. It would be hard to all relax on the balcony together.

Again, just my opinion.

beachchick

i think if everyone decides on a good sailing date in my party we will opt for 4 large ocean view staterooms (154 sq ft w/o balcony) and do triple, triple, double, double. the triples will have pullman beds for the third person.

now i just need to get the 9 other cruisemates to decide on a date before all the oceanview rooms sell out.

I was on the Enchantment last year with a large group and we managed to book all the Jr. Suites in the aft. Much larger balcony's and we took the barriers down (did this ourselves even though we asked several people and called several times to no avail). 2 rooms had 4 people in them and 2 had 3 people. with all the barriers down we had the entire back of the ship (all but the corners where Family suites were). Most of our group ended up there and we had a group of about 60 people.

With the use of the balcony as 'living space', you only sleep in your room. Trouble was, I seldom made it out to explore the ship because the balcony was so nice and there was always someone in our group coming in and out.

If not being squished is important, you might have to spend a little more.

Have you thought about joining the Cruise Critic Group Cruise aboard the Enchantment? It is a five night sailing with the same ports you were talking about, except adding Belize. We leave on 12/18 and will be home in time for Christmas! The price is right and if you book Junior Suites you can each have your own bottle of wine to go with the Chocolate Strawberries!

Misty

So you are putting on the water, lay out a towel and the go out to breakfast, doing some pool games, bingo etc. before coming back to shower. :D :p :eek: LOL

Ya, thats pretty much me. I just like to make sure that I am the ONLY one with hot water. Even today, I turned on the shower, went to check my e-mail, made a cup of coffee, and check messages. Only after that did I get in the shower. :D

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

We just got off EOS and had a family oceanview. This cabin is really no more than a regular oceanview and is 444 square feet. Yes! I said 444 square feet. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one with a tub), 4 closets and a fold out couch. It sleeps 8, we had six and were more than comfortable. It's the best kept secret on the open seas.

Amy:)

We sailed EOS for Thanksgiving and if you absolutely want an outside cabin this may not work for you. But, we found that we could put 2 people in an interior cabin and get two cabins for the same price as putting 4 in an ocean view. That left no question for us and we went for connecting interiors (we had children with us) and actually ended up with two cabins--two tvs, two baths-- and saved $100, versus cramming four of us in an OV.

Archived