Speciality Restaurant ?

babba

It is my understanding ... from reading these boards ... that you can make reservations for the speciality restaurants when boarding for the duration of the cruise. When I was on the Dawn last year ... reservations could only be made one day in advance. Has this policy changed? Mt concern is those who board early and get first "dibs". Due to my husband's work schedule ... we will not be able to board until somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00. Does this mean we are out of luck? BTW ... we will be cruising on the Spirit.

Barb

It is my understanding ... from reading these boards ... that you can make reservations for the speciality restaurants when boarding for the duration of the cruise. When I was on the Dawn last year ... reservations could only be made one day in advance. Has this policy changed? Mt concern is those who board early and get first "dibs". Due to my husband's work schedule ... we will not be able to board until somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00. Does this mean we are out of luck? BTW ... we will be cruising on the Spirit.

Barb

The policy has changed and reservations can be made for the entire week. I think you will still find plenty of openings if you booking at 2PM, but do try to do it as soon as you can for the best selection of reservations. Reservations can be made in the main atrium area, or by phone... I usually find that you can get through quicker by phone, but in the atrium they will have menus to look at to make the choice easier.

:)

Do you need to make reservations for the main dinng rooms as well or just show up and wait?

You don't have to. If you're in a large party, lets say over 6, you should make reservations at the main restaurants so they will keep a large table open for you. If you're a party of just two, just show up.

We were on the January 2nd Dawn cruise. Before going to the cabin I stopped to book our resturants for the entire trip but they only wanted to do the first two nights because of the number of people on line. So I went to the lobby the next day and made the rest of our reservations. The first night was 1/2 price so take advantage of the discount. Enjoy!

Archived