Travelling Solo - Your Take?

OceanBlueWaters

Hello ~

I will be travelling Solo via the Escape in October.  I AM A BEACH PERSON!

Question to "Charles" and/or anyone who has traveled to Bermuda solo...

I am guessing the best Beach to hit first is Horseshoe (1st day) via mini bus?

Then Tobbaco Beach via NCL Ferry on 2nd day?  Hit Swizzle Inn while in that part of the anatomy?  LOL!

I honestly don't want to book anything ahead of time, since the weather may have a negative impact.  We may end up in Canada due to Hurricane Season!  LOL!  I am basically "planning" but need a backup to Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C.

Any recommendations of "excursions" that are cool to see via vendors at dock as a solo?  Rum Swizzle Night Cruise, etc.?

Horseman and Charles have offered super valuable info regarding Bermuda.  You guys rock!

Thank you! 🙂

Horseshoe by mininbus the first day is the beach to hit to first day if the weather is good. Tobacco Bay the second day by NCL ferry is good the second day. The Swizzle Inn is easy to get to from St. George's if you decide to go there. As a solo take the public bus. The public bus works well from St. George since there are plenty of buses since the east end routes end there, and the Swizzle Inn is on all the bus routes except one. Simply take a bus from St. George's that says Hamilton. Ask the driver to tell you when you get to the Swizzle Inn. As far as  excursions when you get to Bermuda there is a tour center, Island Tour Centre and they have an office in the area when you exit from the ship. Your might be more limited in October as some of the boat operators leave for the  Caribbean at the end of the Bermuda cruise season.  

Bermuda is easy and safe for a solo traveler. Transportation is easy. Their tourism people are there to answer questions, there are Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard, St. George's and Hamiltion. If you need directions they will help you. I suggest going to the Bermuda Tourism Website and ordering brochures. They will send you a free packet that includes a handy map. Order the brochure and destination map. The map is very handy to have. That is at https://www.gotobermuda.com/official-visitor-guides 

• Thanks 1