Favorite restaurants in Fairbanks..

BeeSkip

I just saw a post asking about best restaurants in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan...But what about Fairbanks???  We are going to be in Fairbanks for 3 days and will need to hit the highlights, breakfast, lunch and dinner...We will have a car for 2 days...Thanks in advance..

Bee

My favorite all-round restaurant in Fairbanks is Wolf Run.  We also like Lavelles.  When we are in the mood for prime rib we drive out to the Turtle club in Fox.  But for a tourist visiting our community the Pump House is good basic option for dinner -- both beef and seafood options, and it is in a historic building located on the Chena River; I actually like the Pump House Sunday brunches better than their dinners.

Lunch options include the two Brewsters; both are licensed and have nice entree salad options in addition to other items.  And for lunch we have been known to hit the Tanana Valley Farmer's Market (on Saturdays and Wednesdays) for the food trucks.

Fairbanks is surprisingly the Thai food headquarters for Alaska.  I don't know how many we currently have, but some have been in existence for over 30 years.  The best over-all Thai restaurant is the Thai House, but we tend to find ourselves at the Lemon Grass since we live on Chena Ridge.

A Fairbanks favorite for breakfast is a local diner -- Sam's Sourdough Cafe.  Their sourdough pancakes with reindeer sausage is a local favorite.

All of these places have websites so goggle them for more information.

We like Thai House (mentioned above) quite a bit.  If you end up needing to eat at an oddball hour I highly recommend Airport Way Restaurant that's open 24-hours - I had a perfect ham & cheese omelete after a hockey game one night a few months ago.  There's not a lot of late night places other than maybe Taco Bell's drive-thru...  If you're up to driving a ways and seeing a little extra sites (you can see the Alaska Pipeline - there's a pullover with a couple displays and maps) head out the Steese/Elliot highway about 20 minutes to the Hilltop Truckstop & Restaurant - you turn left at the light past Walmart.  It's some of the best food I've had around Fairbanks.  They are known for having some awesome pies too.  It's not fancy but the food is well worth the short drive.  I'm going to be in Fairbanks in about two months and I'm planning on eating there!  They have breakfast anytime and their pancakes are about the size of a medium pizza.  Good luck!

Edited by SuperCrewBear