NCL Dawn and GSC Villa Detailed Review...with Photos and Videos

amygutman

On 6/24/2019 at 7:08 PM, Laszlo said:

Great review and great news about a pier finally being built!!!

I know! 

Luckily, we have never missed GSC due to weather, but I know a ton of posters who have. It's such a great island even without a villa - tough to beat a wonderful beach day. 

I am hoping the time table is faster than projected - it would be a shame to have to wait 2 more years. 

Amy

On 6/25/2019 at 8:39 PM, ahd said:

We were next to y'all, Amy (and my daughter's back is in one of your pics lol) and had a great time too!!!  (And i recognize y'all from modernos although pretty sure we never spoke). Villas were crazy $$, but very nice. Can't imagine it will be so peaceful once zip liners are passing through there soon though 😞

That is so funny...I think I was so overwhelmed with happiness for the day (and, frankly, many rum punches) that I remember smiling and nodding to our lovely neighbors on both sides - but not too many faces.

Honestly...most people remember our son rather than us - he's quite the (inappropriate language) comedian and has as my mother says "a Shayna Punim"...

Hope you had as great of a trip as we did! When is your next cruise!

Amy

4 hours ago, amygutman said:

282 days...AND WE JUST BOOKED!!!

Good lord - thank you so much so letting me know...such good karma!

Amy

Happy to help! It is the least that I can do to thank you for providing such rich, detailed information about your trip!

On 6/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, Pitzel said:

Happy to help! It is the least that I can do to thank you for providing such rich, detailed information about your trip!

Now I am all angsty trying to figure out plans for 2020...we usually plan 16-18 months in advance, so I am scouring reviews instead of doing laundry!

Reviews help so much...yes...everything with a grain of salt of course, but in general we have not been led astray!

Amy

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 12:13 AM, Victorious8 said:

Thank you so much! This was really helpful and I am SUPER excited to book for my next sailing. They are only 349$!! Do you have to prepay for them? 

Yes you pre-pay...and book as soon as you can!

That is a wonderful price for what will be an outstanding day - I am already counting the days until our next villa!

Have a wonderful trip - Amy

15 hours ago, amygutman said:

Yes you pre-pay...and book as soon as you can!

That is a wonderful price for what will be an outstanding day - I am already counting the days until our next villa!

Have a wonderful trip - Amy

If you call into the shore excursion line you don't have to prepay! If you book online you will prepay.

3 minutes ago, Victorious8 said:

Thanks for the tip! I will do that since I will be splitting it with 4 or 5 girls! 

Wow! That's fantastic!

I do so love CC...you get the most helpful tips from other cruises. 

Thank you both! Amy

Amy!!!!!  Oh my gosh, how amazing are you!?!?!

First of all, I seriously can't believe you remembered to try to take a look at our stateroom!  I am so sorry I missed your message to me; somehow, I never got the alert.  I just sailed Escape last week so was focused on Escape reviews in June and missed your Dawn review until now!  I never expected you to remember offering to take pics for me, but recognized your name and recalled enjoying your posts from other threads, so thought I would read your review, and much to my surprise I had a personal message from you.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for your thoughtfulness (even if the pics are of the other cabin LOL).  

Equally as important, you did such a fabulous job with your review.  I really appreciated how positive you kept your comments, even if they were constructive.  For someone about to board the Dawn, it is nice to hear even the critical things from a helpful perspective!

Thanks to you and your family for sharing your vacation with us!!!!!!  And thanks again for your generous spirit.

19 hours ago, Juvesgirl said:

Amy!!!!!  Oh my gosh, how amazing are you!?!?!

First of all, I seriously can't believe you remembered to try to take a look at our stateroom!  I am so sorry I missed your message to me; somehow, I never got the alert.  I just sailed Escape last week so was focused on Escape reviews in June and missed your Dawn review until now!  I never expected you to remember offering to take pics for me, but recognized your name and recalled enjoying your posts from other threads, so thought I would read your review, and much to my surprise I had a personal message from you.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for your thoughtfulness (even if the pics are of the other cabin LOL).  

Equally as important, you did such a fabulous job with your review.  I really appreciated how positive you kept your comments, even if they were constructive.  For someone about to board the Dawn, it is nice to hear even the critical things from a helpful perspective!

Thanks to you and your family for sharing your vacation with us!!!!!!  And thanks again for your generous spirit.

I felt like such a schlub when I took photos of the wrong cabin - but definitely looked at some cool photos on cruisedeckplans.com of your room. It's the least I could do when 99% of the folks on cruise critic have gone out of their way to be kind to someone else in their posts. 

Plus - I love cruising so much...if we can make someone else's cruise easier, why not?

Happiest of cruising to you, and hoping for clear skies and blue waters to you....Amy

51 minutes ago, amygutman said:

I felt like such a schlub when I took photos of the wrong cabin - but definitely looked at some cool photos on cruisedeckplans.com of your room. It's the least I could do when 99% of the folks on cruise critic have gone out of their way to be kind to someone else in their posts. 

Plus - I love cruising so much...if we can make someone else's cruise easier, why not?

Happiest of cruising to you, and hoping for clear skies and blue waters to you....Amy

Thanks again so much, Amy!  I am crossing my fingers that all of your hopes come true!  My husband got a minor injury yesterday that will prevent him from going into the ocean 😞 but we are going to make it work and have a great week!!!  

Hope that you have a great evening!!