Allure Review June 9th Sailing

Recently sailed on June 9 Allure:sailing.  Third time on Allure.  Thirty- fifth cruise overall.

GENERAL - Love the Oasis class ships.  Allure still in great condition.

SERVICE - Wait staff and stateroom attendant were fantastic.  All employees I encountered were friendly and helpful. 

MAIN DINING ROOM - Food was generally good - selection OK except for soups and appetizers.  We had shrimp cocktail or escargot and baked onion soup every night. Coconut shrimp were very good. B Worst meal was seafood pasta.  My bad - NEVER order Italian food on a cruise ship except for Costa pre Carnival.  PLEASE do away with loud announcements and parades at dinner. BUSH LEAGUE.  I like to eat in peace.  Quietly asking for a round of applause for chefs and wait staff is sufficiently.  

WINDJAMMER BUFFET - Easily the worst quality and selection I have encountered in 35 cruises.  NCL was substantially better last year and Celebrity way way better on all previous Celebrity cruises.  Operative word here is low cost.  Bacon inedible.  Pancakes and waffles cold and soggy.  Seafood stew prepared in a blender.  How many ways can you make chicken?

PARK CAFE - Really good breakfast and lunch sandwiches.  One comment - cannot make a good roast beef sandwich using a knife - too chewy.  Need to slice beef very thin on a slicing machine.  

ENTERTAINMENT - TOO LOUD.  My wife has sensitive hearing and even with ear plugs we had to leave Mama Mia.  It looked like about 1/3 audience left at intermission - not sure if loud was issue for them.  Even the Acapello show was loud.  I'm thinking the sound engineer is hard of hearing.

SOLARIUM - Great place to spend afternoon and usually a nice breeze.  Solarium cafe not much better than Windjammer.

CHOPS - Terrible. I have previously submitted a post on this topic.

Note that I am not anti Royal Caribbean.  We are Diamond level and have Oasis booked for next summer.  I just call it as I see it.  Good food isimportant to me - not expecting 5 star.  Food quality has definitely gone downhill over last 15 years on all Cruise lines.

• Like 1