Best food you've ever had on a cruise?

madamegourmet

My personal favorite has been on Celebrity. Ranking the lines we've sailed.

1. Celerbrity

2. Royal Carribean

3. Princess

4. Norweigen

5. Princess

Havent been on HAL, or Raddison

Celebrity seemd a cut above. Especially liked their Escargo. They prepare it differently. Instead of just in garlic butter the take a large bisquit and hollw out the center. they then put escargo, mushrooms and brown gravy in it and bake it. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Best food I've ever eaten was on our two NCL cruises (keep in mind most recent NCL cruise was in 1993 so have no idea how they are today). Melt-in-your mouth prime rib, crepes, sauteed plaintains....yum! Really looked forward to the meals and never disappointed. Worst food I ever has was Celebrity (1992). I hear they are supposed to be quite good and I honestly think that this was a fluke. The cruise before us ran into problems and was quiet late getting to port - I think we boarded about 10 pm to embark on the cruise. Anyway, several meals tasted like they were left over from the last cruise. I mean, very tough/dried out meat, stale cookies etc. The cruise was nice in other ways though. Most recent cruises have been on RCCL and the most recent was 5 years ago so am looking forward to upcoming RCCL cruise to see how things taste these days!

I believe that variety is the spice of life. So what I think is best today might not be so tempting tomorrow. With that said I really enjoyed the Reuben sandwiches at the Seaview cafe on Brilliance of the Seas. I always asked them to fix the sandwich with extra swiss cheese and they were happy to oblige.

Archived