Dolphin Swim Excursion

SetmySails

Hi. We're on the Sun on Feb. 18. I'm finding it difficult to get any real information on excursions. Has any one gone on the swim with the dolphin excursion. Did you enjoy it? I'd like to take my two girls but my mother and I just don't want to swim, just play photographer. Does anyone know if you still have to pay for the excursion if you are merely accompanying a child? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

I read on the Dolphin Quest brochure that you have to pay for admission to the nearby museum if you want to come in just to watch, you don't have to pay the full excursion price. However, if your children are young you may be required to accompany them, so then you WOULD have to pay. Also, it said that they take pics that you can BUY and personal cameras are NOT allowed in!!!!

This is just an idea, but we did a dolphin swim a few years ago when we were on a cruise and stopped in Cozumel. I booked it directly online, and we just took a taxi to get there. It was ALOT cheaper. The only thing I'm not sure of if it is still available since the hurricanes. We took the swim at Chakanaab Park, which is (was) a beautiful National Park in Cozumel. I think they just opened Chakanaab again not too long ago, so I'm not even sure if the company is still there. Anyway, if you want to check it out, google Dolphin Discovery and see what happens. Good luck. It was a great experience for us.

Archived