Cabin 6454 On The Glory

nicsdad

Its the convertible sofa--- the back comes off..and it makes into a bed. your son will prefer sleeping there then at home in his own bed that week-im sure.

Its an aft cabin-- so your balcony is tons bigger

The only thing I would be concerned with is the movement of the ship in the aft.

Our friends had and aft balcony cabin on the Destiny for an Eastern cruise and it was really rocky back there. We went back there one evening and I remember really clutching the railing it was so rocky. They did love their big balcony however.

As long as you have a smooth sailing it should be fine.

Diane

your son will prefer sleeping there then at home in his own bed that week-im sure.

Are you implying that the bed is barely tolerable, but one can tough it out for the week? This is the cabin we will be staying in, too. Since I'm the youngest, I'll probably get stuck with the couch.

Is it really that bad?:eek:

no, what I implied-- was a week on a cruise ship beats a week at home going to school any day.

the sofa is fine. by the time night rolls around you will be so tired...either the sea air or the activiites will tire you out---you wont care where you sleep. as soon as your head touches that pillow you will be out of it.

As far as motion... I have not experinced any of it. I sailed in the aft on every cruise.. direct aft on almost all but 2.

Diane-- when you were feeling that motion on the Destiny-- was it pulling in or out of port?? thats about the time you will feel the shuddering/vibration thing

Nope - actually any rocky cruise we have been on there is more motion in the front of the ship and the back of the ship.

That is why most will suggest booking the midship cabins. In fact I think thats probably why most Catagory 12s are midship.

Please know I am certainly not trying to persuade either way, I just think its something to consider.

I would sleep leaning against the funnel if I had to.

Diane

Nope - actually any rocky cruise we have been on there is more motion in the front of the ship and the back of the ship.

That is why most will suggest booking the midship cabins. In fact I think thats probably why most Catagory 12s are midship.

Please know I am certainly not trying to persuade either way, I just think its something to consider.

I would sleep leaning against the funnel if I had to.

Diane

Can anyone tell me about this room? I have it on hold. There will be three of us, me, DH and 11 yo DD. Is the extra bed really unconfortable? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I was in cabin #6469, very close. The only thing I would think twice about is that you are directly above the "happening" Promenade Deck. Where everything happens until the wee hours of the night. That didn't bother us though because we didn't go to bed until after 2 am evernight. But if you have an 11 year old and plan to sleep, I'd go with another room.

Archived