shows and freestyle

referee

we're traveling on the wind 3/11...this is the first time for freestyle dining...how does it workwhen it comes to seeing the shows? we've only traveled on carnival and rccl, where they had early and late dinner seating and early and late shows.....any advice would be greatly appreciated....referee

There are usually 2 shows. We tend to eat early, about 5:30, and have our choice of which show to attend after dinner. With Freestyle you can also have your appetizers and entrees before the show and then go back to the dining room after the show and have dessert (or another entree). Freestyle offers many options...

There are usually 2 shows. We tend to eat early, about 5:30, and have our choice of which show to attend after dinner. With Freestyle you can also have your appetizers and entrees before the show and then go back to the dining room after the show and have dessert (or another entree). Freestyle offers many options...

There are two shows each night, usually the early one at 7:30 and the late one at maybe 9:30. You can choose which one you want to attend and then plan your dinner around it. We like the early show with dinner afterwards, but usually want a bit of something--perhaps tapas, a small plate of pasta, a salad, a slice or two of pizza, whatever suits our fancy that night--before the early show. As immargaret wrote, you can split your dinner into pre-show and post-show segments--even in two different dining rooms with different menus, if it suits your fancy. Once you really get accustomed to the freedom of freestyle dining, it's hard to go back to the old, regimented way.

I never really thought about splitting it up between two dining rooms and having before and after meals. We've always found someplace to grab a quick bite, took in a show, and then had dinner. Good idea to do pre-dining.

Love the freestyle way, and yes, it's hard to go back to the old regimented way. Had to do that last year on an RCL cruise and missed it so!

So many options and choices, and on your time, just what a vacation should be. Have fun!

If you go back to one of the "pay" restaurants just for dessert, do you have to pay the "cover" charge again? How about if you are just going to one of the "pay" restaurants for a desssert. do you have to pay the "cover" charge?:eek:

If you go back to one of the "pay" restaurants just for dessert, do you have to pay the "cover" charge again? How about if you are just going to one of the "pay" restaurants for a desssert. do you have to pay the "cover" charge?:eek:

Yes and Yes.

It is hard to go back. I love my CCL cruises and was looking at booking another one but the idea of being locked into a certain time and place to eat just doesn't do it for me after the freestyle.

I found the hardest thing is booking around the entertainment schedule but it all works out. I like it cause sometimes with late seating which I prefer if I have to choose, I would miss an event I wanted to see, with freestyle we never miss anything we really wanted to do for dinner. It's great!

Archived