Bidet?

mamatrouble

Seachelle, you haven't lived until you've experienced a benjo in Asia. I was on a tour in Vietnam during a Crystal cruise and went into a stall, which looked just like any other public bathroom stall. Well, I walked in and there was a small step up and two outlines of a foot painted on the floor with a hole cut out between them. You actually have to stand on the painted marks and squat. HELLO !!!!!!! I guess that's where the term "cop a squat" comes from. Give me a 14 button washlet any day.

LOL...

Touché

:)

Wow, I think I'm getting old, as I remember Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" being banned in Boston because someone gargled using the bidet in a Paris hotel room.

I would love to think we are now enlightened, but some communities in Texas are trying to ban Harry Potter as it teaches witchcraft.

In some ways, the Europeans are years ahead of us in plumbing. I remember over ten years ago a gay hotel in Oslo where you could set the temp of your shower. That's only now becoming an offered feature in the states. The hotel was very nice BTW, I guess the only reason I mentioned it, was I got great service , the wife, not so much.

Wow, I think I'm getting old, as I remember Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" being banned in Boston because someone gargled using the bidet in a Paris hotel room.

I would love to think we are now enlightened, but some communities in Texas are trying to ban Harry Potter as it teaches witchcraft.

Sadly, ignorance is fully abundant in many places.

In some ways, the Europeans are years ahead of us in plumbing. I remember over ten years ago a gay hotel in Oslo where you could set the temp of your shower. That's only now becoming an offered feature in the states. The hotel was very nice BTW, I guess the only reason I mentioned it, was I got great service , the wife, not so much.

In most of the small European (France, Italy, Denmark) hotels I've stayed in I could adjust the water temperature. And I like that the water doesn't have to be on to do it, so I can leave the temperature set for my next shower. Just turn the water on and within seconds it gets to the right temp. And this is just little 3 star boutique hotels - not the big 5 star Four Season type hotel.

Archived