Sting Ray City

I am looking for recommendations on a tour company to use to go to Stingray City and possibly Coral Gardens Reef to snorkel. I don't want to make it an all day thing. Just between 2 1/2-3 hours so that we can get a small bit of time at 7 mile beach. What are your recommendations through a positive experience? How much do they charge? How do I contact them?

Thanks!

We booked with Captain Bryan's Buccaneer http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Excursion.htm and had a fabulous sailing excursion. We went to the sand bar, coral gardens, and the reef.

The price was $39 pp. and $27 for children under 10. The times were perfect for us (10:30-1:30).

Here is a link to our pictures of that excursion: http://community.webshots.com/album/530801710NJTzFf

Have a wonderful time at SRC, it is an amazing experience to swim with those stingrays!

I did Nativeway and loved them. Booked this time with Moby Dick as the schedule worked out better...interestingly enough, while on the NativeWay tour I'd asked about tours for people with limited mobility and they said they are happy to help and also recommended Moby Dick (they have steps that go into the water from the boat instead of ladders).

Cheers,

Esther

We did Buccaneer catamaran--nice price (see above), good timing, ok boat, ok crew (friendly, competent, but nothing out of the ordinary). Good transportation, but you have to walk a couple of blocks in the morning to their umbrella area behind the English Bakery. It's a nice walk. They take you back to the port area (and maybe 7 Mile if you ask). Friendly phone service to book--let our just 4yo go free.

I would definitely check out the boats w/ low ladders to enter. The snorkeling in early Jan was quite choppy at the Barrier Reef. Coral Gardens was a bit easier, and StingRay City was fine, but the B's ladder is quite a climb. I'm a diver and used to getting onboard w/equipment and weights, this wasn't much easier that day 'cause of the chop. The lower entry sounds great, especially if you have mobility issues or any smaller kids with you.

Captain Marvin............ great half day with Sting Ray City, where he originally back in the 50's as a fisherman fed the stingrays & played with them Then friends wanted to do it so he took them, thus creating his company.

www.captainmarvins.com has rate sheets for adults & kids, large boats with no more than 50 people. The Rays know them & leave the others to swim over to us. Feed the Rays, play with the Ray & they will jump i yuor arms & kiss you too. They also goto 2 snorkeling areas, one a garden of fish & coral, the other moree eel home & the guide gets him out.

They do full day also.

I am looking for recommendations on a tour company to use to go to Stingray City and possibly Coral Gardens Reef to snorkel. I don't want to make it an all day thing. Just between 2 1/2-3 hours so that we can get a small bit of time at 7 mile beach. What are your recommendations through a positive experience? How much do they charge? How do I contact them?

Thanks!

Archived