Bringing extra Epipens

On 9/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, cruisegoal100 said:

Just curious-where in the US can you even get an epipen now. We live in South Florida and its been on backorder at our local CVS since February?

No problem getting them in NC (I get them through a discount offer direct from the manufacturer.  Too expensive to get through the pharmacy.)  You should call your doctor or switch pharmacies!

I travel with insulin and have many of the same concerns.  I ALWAYS keep my entire stash of meds on my person, in a carry on bag.  You have no idea what conditions it could be exposed to in transit, since there's rarely consideration for storage on things.  People, yes.  Things, no.  You'll be able to access your cabin around 1:30, and you can dump them there, if you don't wish to have the extras on you.  

On 9/12/2019 at 1:53 PM, MaskedTurtle said:

Do we still need a note from a physician if we have any injectable meds?  

I travel with insulin and have never needed a note. I can see where you might need one if it's in a syringe, but even then, if you show a vial of something with a pharmacy label on it, it shouldn't be a problem.  (FWIW, I don't use syringes....my insulin is in pens).

1 hour ago, BensonFan711 said:

I travel with insulin and have never needed a note. I can see where you might need one if it's in a syringe, but even then, if you show a vial of something with a pharmacy label on it, it shouldn't be a problem.  (FWIW, I don't use syringes....my insulin is in pens).

Thanks.  We haven't cruised in a while, but the last few times we did, my mom was told by the TA that she needed to have a note from her Dr that she was on an injectable (insulin pens).  The TA would fax the note and tell us to bring the original with us.  I don't recall ever being asked to show the note, so I'm not sure if faxing was even necessary.  Anyway, I am currently on an injectable med (Victoza pen) and we will be cruising in January.  I wasn't sure if we still needed to fax or bring a note or not.

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Thanks.  We haven't cruised in a while, but the last few times we did, my mom was told by the TA that she needed to have a note from her Dr that she was on an injectable (insulin pens).  The TA would fax the note and tell us to bring the original with us.  I don't recall ever being asked to show the note, so I'm not sure if faxing was even necessary.  Anyway, I am currently on an injectable med (Victoza pen) and we will be cruising in January.  I wasn't sure if we still needed to fax or bring a note or not.

No, no need for a note.  I generally bring the papers with the prescription on them that they staple to the bag in the envelope where I keep all of my cruise documentation and important paperwork, but I've never needed to show it.  That's also quite possibly me being paranoid.

1 hour ago, BensonFan711 said:

No, no need for a note.  I generally bring the papers with the prescription on them that they staple to the bag in the envelope where I keep all of my cruise documentation and important paperwork, but I've never needed to show it.  That's also quite possibly me being paranoid.

Thanks.  I don't think you're paranoid...just well-prepared.