Social Media Wifi findings...

Sabalon

Just came off the Conquest and had the social media plan (mainly for What's App so work could reach out to me if needed - thankfully they did not!)  Hopefully this helps.  Your mileage may vary.  Offer not valid in Wisconsin.

Here are some interesting findings of what worked:

1) Facebook

2) Instagram

3) Twitter

all of those work as expected.  Images are of course slower

4) Snapchat - frustratingly slow - due to the video nature.  Didn't upload anything, just kept an eye on the daughters feeds to make sure I had a house to come back to.  Took 5-10 minutes sometimes for a 10 second clip to load

5) What's App - it works for text stuff well.  Didn't try video/chat

6) Facebook Messenger - works as well as expected..again images can be slow

7) iMessage - we all have iPhones and use iMessage for texts.  Those went out and came in just fine.  I was able to send images, however I was not able to retrieve images the kids sent while on the social plan.  

8 )  iMessage location services - pull up a conversation, click on info and if the access is enabled, you can see the location of the other person.  Was able to see this for both kids, which was a pleasant surprise.  

9) Apple Push Notifications - this was a surprise.  I get a notification when the garage door opens/closes, and was really stunned when I got that notification.  I was also getting gmail notifications of e-mails coming in.   I could not go to gmail, but the notifications came through.    I was tempted to enable notifications for my work e-mail program - I wouldn't see the whole e-mail, but at least the who, subject and first line or two - but decided nah - am on vacation.   But still, this is a nice surprise

10) Google - this was a neat find.  I could pull up safari on my iPhone and search google for something and I would get the results page.  I could not click any of the links and have them come up, but a well crafted google search could get me the info I wanted.   I did not try this from a notebook and don't know if the show cached page option would work.  But "US World Cup team standing" worked to get what I needed.

11) Google Maps - this was slow sometimes and an accidental find.   Wanted to just see where we were and opened google maps to let the GPS plot us.  As I zoomed in, I was getting local info, places, traffic, etc. which was kinda cool.  Not super useful, but a neat find.

12) Southwest airlines - I know they say some airlines pages work, but I was walking to dinner Friday night and was able to check in for my Southwest flight and get a good boarding position.  

What did not work (aside from the obvious web/email/etc)

Discord - just tried to hit a channel I'm on there and nope!

• Like 2

Excellent review of social media plan!
I just posted same type of review for the premium one. Hopefully it helps others because I didn't find anything useful before my trip

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1