Questions about Cruising from Florida

Texasmom1

We are going to be in Florida in about 2 weeks & have the opportunity to go on The Disney Wonder. We have cruised before(Alaska & Mexican Riviera). However I have heard that the water can be very rough going to the Bahamas. I have a fear of not being able to see land & if the water is rough I am afraid it is going to trigger an anxiety attack. Can anyone give me a realistic idea of what to expect as I need to decide quickly if we should go.

Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

On the shorter cruise you can see land until it starts to get dark, then nothing, but you dock early the next morning at Nassau,s o it shouldnt be a problem for the first day. Generally it is light out when you leave Nassau, and you can see land for awhile, then it fades out as it gets dark. On the 3 day you will be at castaway cay in the morning and spend the day, you can see a few islands as you leave the area, but as before it will get dark soon after leaving, depending on what time of year you go. The 4 day has a entire day at sea, I dont remember seeing land on that day, but I wasnt looking for it as I was too busy having fun.

We have never had really rough seas on the wonder, but we have had them on the Magic a couple of times. Seas are generally calmer in the winter months.Summer being hurricane season sometimes you can really rock n roll!!!!

I would recommend a 3 day to start and see how comfortable you are with it because you will be docked almost al your daylight hours which may help you. I have always been afraid of being in any boat, since I dont swim, but decided to give it a try 4 years ago, we have done 10 cruises since then and two more are booked this year!!! There is so much to see and do I keep forgetting that I'm on a boat.

I wish you all the best. Hope this helps you some,

mom x4,grandma x4

Hi Texasmom:

my wife and I have done 9 cruises so far throughout the Caribbean ranging from October thru March. October through November tend to be a little rockier but January thru March have always been smooth sailing. Weather is usually in the upper 70's to mid 80's without the humidity at that time. We are going on the Disney Magic for a 7 day cruise on February 11th. Can't wait. I'm not sur if my wife and I are more excited or the kids.

Have a great and relaxing time when you go on the Wonder.

Michael and Mindi

Archived