Holland TA vs Princess/RC

We have done a number of TAs on Princess and RC and are thinking about one on HAL for April next year.  Wondering about how much activity there is for sea days.  If you have done a TA on HAL and other I would appreciate any comparisons you can make.

I did a westbound TA on Navigator of the Seas out of Southampton and a TA on the Rotterdam out of Rome.  Both ships had enough activities to keep you busy on the sea days.  I did not notice much difference in the amount of activities that were available.  That said, Navigator was about twice the size of the Rotterdam, so I did spend more time exploring it.  The Rotterdam did have a very nice library which I enjoyed as I do spend a lot of time reading books on a TA.  Both ships had nice quiet spots I could go to and just enjoy a good book and watch the sea sail by.  Both ships had interesting itineraries so I enjoyed both cruises.  Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your voyage, whichever line you choose to cruise with.

• Like 1

Rotterdam TA this April was our second HAL cruise. Have done Princess, Celebrity, RC. The Rotterdam was one of the best!! Why? Best library: books, games, puzzles, ... Loved America's Test Kitchens: Carolena was fantastic and as word spread her popularity and attendance increased greatly. Loved the talks: both a series on the Universe and another speaker on travels/places. Adored Barry From Boston: another popular and one that deserved a larger space. Afternoon teas were yummy and pleasant. Religious Services: Easter week so we had Good Friday plus 2 Sunday Services. Classes: several were offered but I only attended one Bridge class because of conflict with other activities offered at the same time. Connect meetings/times: opportunities to connect with chess players, Bridge players.  Passengers: very friendly, mostly older, and made for great conversation. Daily news summary in different languages and offering Sudoku and crossword puzzles. Ports: smaller ship made for easy disembarking as well as embarking which was so crowded and painful on larger ships.

We were never at a loss for something to do. And we have already booked the 16 day Rotterdam (great itinerary) with friends for next March!! 

Hope you enjoy your HAL transatlantic as much as we did.