Leaving in 3 hrs-QUICK-help w/New Orleans embrk/luggage ?

CRUIZIN SUZAN

Was wondering if anyone knows or has a suggestion-we want to arrive at the pier 10:30am and dump our luggage and head over 3 blocks to the LA Childrens Museum before sailing on Sunday The docs from Agent and carnival says boarding starts 1:30pm but I know otherwise from posters in this forum. The Conquest sails at 6pm this Sunday- but last boarding call at 5:30!!).

I just got off the phone for the 3rd time/3rd rep. I can not get any confirmation from Carnival about the actual Julia St. pier facility ( lockers avail, porters, etc.)

We need to know- can we check luggage with curbside porters and store carry on luggage (lockers maybe) and go back into town w/o checking onto ship.

OR... do we go thru the whole process of check in but not board and head to town once we have the S&S/boarding card carry-on's in tow

OR...do we check luggage, board ship, drop carryons off in cabin (if they are ready so early) and head back off the ship for the museum.

Has anyone checked in and then gotten off the ship in New Orleans for some fun before re-boarding before sailing. How hard/long will it take to re-board once we have our S&S cards-will we have to wait in that throng of other pax waiting to get on the ship for the first time (w/a 2 12 year old-wait time is a factor!) We have checked luggage and gone back into towns on other lines, but have not sailed Carnival since 9/11 security changes. My father in law told me he heard you can not have your bags checked by a porter curbside unless you accompany your bags onto the ship (for security)but that didnt make alot of sense.

Tapping the vast knowledge base of you posters here ( [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]-don't you love bribes?) hopefully I will get a reply before noon EST today (Friday 4/16) as we leave for the Amtrak Station to leave for New Orleans !( i.e.- I need the info FAST...) Thanks.

Hi. You CAN check your luggage with the porters beginning around 11am (and no, you don't need to get on the ship at that time), but I WOULD. I have never seen any lockers at the port, so you're stuck w/your carry-ons.

What I would suggest is to get there by 11am, give your checked luggage to the porter, go thru the embarkation process, leave your carry-ons in your cabin, and get off the ship. BE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR S&S CARD WITH YOU to re-board. I don't know if you'll have to be in a line to reboard or not...? Good luck with that one!?

If the ship doesn't leave till 6, you have plenty of time to do a little sightseeing around the port area.

Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003

Archived