Help with which Mediterranean itinerary to choose on the Encore

SJunie

It will be our first cruise on Seabourn. I was going back and forth between Seabourn and SilverSea.  After reading through some of the threads on CC, Seabourn would probably be a better fit for us as it seems the food is better with them.

Anyways, as we have never been to the Mediterranean before, I am hoping some seasoned Seabourn cruisers can help me with choosing which is the better itinerary. We usually don't do the cruise excursions and either go private, or just explore on our own. It's important that the ports are not so far and difficult to get to the main parts of town. 

We also aren't very interested in lying around on the beach. We like to explore and learn about the history and culture of a place.

Silversea, I understand provides a shuttle at each port, but I am not sure if Seabourn does.

Itinerary #1: Barcelona, Mahon, La Joliette, Monte Carlo, St. Tropez, Bastia, Portovenere, Civitavecchia

Itinerary #2: Civitavecchia, Livorno, Portofino, Antibes, Bandol, Palamos, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona

We have been to most of those ports and both are good but we would prefer #1

Mahon - the sail in is fabulous and it is easy to walk around. 

La Joliette - the Tour de France was on when we were here is walked down to watch the time trial, but there seemed to be quite a few things to see nearby. The provided shuttle bus takes you down to the shopping Centre. 

Monte Carlo - love visiting here. Been twice, first time went to Villa Rothschild and Eze which was fabulous. The second, walked around town, the F1 circuit and swam/floated in the Med. 

St Tropez - very commercial now, lots of large boats. We went to Grimaud Castle and Port Grimaud and that was worth doing. 

Bastia - have not been to this port

Portovenere - since we had been to Cinqe Terre before, we chose to get the tender in and wander around Portovenere and really enjoyed it.