Crazy Question about MAUI

WeLuvCruzn

Hoping the locals can help with a strange request...

We have booked an all day snorkel tour with the Pacific Whale Foundation in Maui for our very last day on the island... the tour is from 8am-3pm and our flight home is around 11pm. Since we'll be snorkeling and tanning all day, does anyone know where we'd be able to shower quickly before hopping onto our flight?!? Of course, we can fly without a shower, but :eek: .

I know it's a crazy question, but it must have come up in the past?!? What are we to do?!? Thanks in advance! ;)

No easy answer to this one. If you have a hotel room, you could always ask if late checkout's available - they might be able to extend it until late afternoon so you can shower after your tour. Or maybe just pay for an extra night? Or maybe get a cheap room at the Maui Seaside or Maui Sands (right near the airport) for luggage storage/showering purposes?

Spleen

We thought of a "day room" at a cheap hotel but were hoping that we could just bring shampoo/conditioner in our beach/snorkel bag and wash our hair and rinse the salt off at a beach shower.

Hapuna on the Kohala Coast has showers at the beach -- we've always rented a house, so we used them just for washing off our feet and gear -- but we've seen many surfers use shampoo, soap, etc. We actually laughed at them and thought "who would do that?!?" ... now we may be them. :p

So, I guess we're wondering if any of the public beaches -- Kaanapali, etc. have outdoor rinsing showers like Hapuna.

Thanks again for the replies. :)

You could ... but remember that shower water is darn cold to be doing anything extended in them. :) Kaanapali does not have public access showers, at least, not to my recollection at this time. I think that they're all hotel showers. I'm almost positive that Puamana Beach Park (the beach park right outside of Lahaina heading towards the airport) does have showers but don't hold me to that (I've never stopped there myself but think I remember seeing them as I was driving by when I used to work in Lahaina).

I'd still seriously consider a hotel room. Given how much time you have and given that you're going on a flight back to the mainland, that's a LOT of time to have sand stuck in unmentionable places and feeling grimy. Plus, after a day of snorkeling and spending time in the sun, you might actually want a place to hang out and relax before getting on your flight. I know I would.

Spleen

Archived