Kids Club/Splash Academy: Are sneakers required?

raitch

I saw a cruiser on Facebook mentioning that kids in Splash Academy need to be wearing sneakers in order to be allowed in or in order to participate.  Can anyone shed light on this?

We will be on the Gem in August with kids (15, 11, 6).  I imagine the 15 year old can wear whatever she wants, but the other two... 

I think you need closed toed shoes for the climbing wall, zip line, and the stuff like that on board.  I would look and see if you can find soe splash Academy dailies posted in other threads to see what the suggestions are.

• Like 1

They always take their shoes off inside so I would have them put socks on, that floor is gross.  As others stated, close toes shoes are required for specific items, but I have never noticed that rule for them to go into the kids area.

• Like 1

We just got off a 14 day cruise on the Spirit (which does not have rock walls and climbing courses) and my daughter 12 was required to have sneakers/ closed shoes every time she went to the kids club. Crocs do not count. She said kids were turned away and told to go get appropriate shoes. Yes they took them off but sometimes they do activities outside of the kids club so I think it is a safety thing. 

• Like 1