Problem getting separate cabins for my 18 year olds

the admiral12

I actually had zero issue doing this exact thing for our Summit cruise last December.  The only difference is I added a connecting cabin and it was for a third guest listed on our stateroom.  After final payment last September, I noticed the cabin connecting to ours was available at a steep discount so called to ask if I could take our 11-year old off of our cabin and put him in the connecting one.  They not only said yes, but applied his payment from the original cabin to the new one.  I was fully expecting to forfeit his payment as we were past PIF, so it was a nice surprise.  In OP’s case where there are only 2 in the cabin, I would fully expect Celebrity to not make any refund on the existing cabin and charge single supplement on the new booking.  OP, perhaps your TA isn’t quite understanding what needs to transpire in terms of cancelling one of your daughters and rebooking her?  Based on prevailing rates, it appears adding an aqua class cabin is going to cost an additional $6k above what you’ve already spent.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, kearney said:

Try renting a car in the US... I believe you have to be 25 or pay some special fee...

It's true.

At the age of 24, I ended up taking my husband with me for all of my residency interviews because it was cheaper and easier than the fee... apparently I was acceptable as a nascent physician but couldn't be trusted with a rental car! Ridiculous.

Edited by the_dylaness

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

It's true.

At the age of 24, I ended up taking my husband with me for all of my residency interviews because it was cheaper and easier than the fee... apparently I was acceptable as a nascent physician but couldn't be trusted with a rental car! Ridiculous.

It is the same way that they raise auto insurance rates for older drivers, even those with a perfect safe driving record.

They make such decisions based on the age group overall, not on the individual driver.