Re booking for lower price question

If your cruise goes down in price, do you cancel and get a new reservation, or do they just amend your current one to the lower price?  If you have to cancel and re book with a new reservation number, does anything you already purchased (drink and/or dining packages, excursions, etc.) get transferred or do they also have to be cancelled and re-booked?

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 minute ago, Tltay said:

If your cruise goes down in price, do you cancel and get a new reservation, or do they just amend your current one to the lower price?  If you have to cancel and re book with a new reservation number, does anything you already purchased (drink and/or dining packages, excursions, etc.) get transferred or do they also have to be cancelled and re-booked?

Thank you in advance for any help.

If it is before final payment, you just call up and they will amend your reservation to reflect the lower price.

If there were any promotions when you booked initially, you will lose those. If there are any new promotions now, you get those.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If it is before final payment, you just call up ...

And you would have to contact whoever booked your cruise,  so if you booked with a travel agency, you must contact them.

Just called RCI because it looked like my fare went down... they credited the balance due by $800 and I have same reservation number, room, ins that we paid... everything is exactly the same, except balanced owed is $800 less!  This was before final payment.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SuiteLady said:

Just called RCI because it looked like my fare went down... they credited the balance due by $800 and I have same reservation number, room, ins that we paid... everything is exactly the same, except balanced owed is $800 less!  This was before final payment.

Congratulations, that is the way the system is supposed to work!🙂

• Like 2