Thermal spa

Diane67B

We have used the thermal spa for our last three cruises and it was my husband who really was interested in it.  It is so relaxing.  You do need to be cognizant that during sea days it may be more crowded.  We tend to avoid mid day, and generally go late afternoon, before getting ready for the evening.  This past cruise we got the sea salt scrubs to use in the shower to exfoliate and the hopped into the sauna.  The cost for our 13 day cruise was around 570, but we had on board credit that we had saved for this purpose.  Definitely a perk that is enjoyable!

2 hours ago, JenTX4NYC said:

What all do you get exactly if you do the thermal spa pass or a spa room? Just access to the spa pool and loungers by it?

Depending on ship, you get the heated loungers, the jetted water pool, the therapeutic sauna, the eucalyptus steam room, the Himalayan Sault Room, some ships have the "snow room".  Plus, there's a refreshment bar with self-serve flavored waters and teas.

Someone said they saw bar service in the Spa, but I discount that report.  I've never seen  that in all the years I've been sailing NCL.

As everyone else has said, we will never cruise again without the thermal suite pass!  We had a Spa mini suite on the Getaway for our last cruise, and the location close to the spa was nice.  I wouldn't necessarily say I need the Spa room, but we will always at least buy the pass!

14 minutes ago, shelbyg19 said:

As everyone else has said, we will never cruise again without the thermal suite pass!  We had a Spa mini suite on the Getaway for our last cruise, and the location close to the spa was nice.  I wouldn't necessarily say I need the Spa room, but we will always at least buy the pass!

Shelby whats so good about the Thermal Spa?

Not Shelby but a huge spa fan!

Quiet, relaxing, not usually too crowded, heated tile loungers - best thing ever for your back, saunas, steam room, salt room (not all that great), hot tub, warm pool with various massage jets. Cold water with lemons and oranges, herbal tea.  Just a great place to get away from the crowds, get in the water (the pools are tiny!). The spa pool also has stairs instead of a ladder so these old knees can actually use the pool.  I also had a bid accepted for a spa mini suite on my last cruise and I'm not spoiled for life. The shower with the multiple jets is the best shower of any ship I've ever sailed on.

21 hours ago, SailorMan20 said:

I just walk in there with My everyday clothes on? I can't fit a towel around Me.

Dh sometimes wears his swim trunks and sometimes just shorts and a tshirt if he is just planning on using the thermal lounger for a bit and not going in the pool. I wear a long gauzy swimsuit coverup dress.  We never wear the robes that some people do. Even if you want to go in to just use the regular loungers and read and relax a bit with the great views and peace and quiet there would be no reason to have to change from what you are wearing for the day. If you want to bring a drink with you we get one at the bar and pour it into our insulated tumbler and just bring it in with us.

They have plenty of rolled up towels in cubbies as you go in. We usually grab 3. 2 to spread on the heated lounger to insulate it a bit and one rolled up to use as a pillow so no need to bring towels. Enjoy.

Mary Ann

21 hours ago, SailorMan20 said:

I just walk in there with My everyday clothes on? I can't fit a towel around Me.

Please make use of the spa if you have already payed for it ...on a previous post you said you dont like crowds ....the spa can be the space you will find your own little corner of quiet ....Bring swim trunks and you are good to go ....

32 minutes ago, Jldevlin said:

Please make use of the spa if you have already payed for it ...on a previous post you said you dont like crowds ....the spa can be the space you will find your own little corner of quiet ....Bring swim trunks and you are good to go ....

My Cabin category comes with Access to the termal spa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 10:12 AM, SailorMan20 said:

Shelby whats so good about the Thermal Spa?

It is a great place to relax.  The heated loungers are great, as well as the therapy pool and Jacuzzi's.  It was a great place to start out a day, or just go for a quite place to get away from the crowd.