Meet & Greet

CozGurl

Meet & Greets can vary for a number of reasons.

I've had quite a few cruises where they never happened at all because so few people were on the roll call. I've been to ones where people arranged things, but they still didn't get going and others that have been fun despite nothing being organised.

Personally, I always go along, but sometimes don't stay for long. On our cruise next month I am organising one for the first time (I got nominated, and certainly wouldn't do it for VIP status, which I never used when I did have).

I am doing no more than arranging with NCL and getting everyone together. I don't participate in most events anyway, so would be terrible at organising them. However, we have a decent number signed up for it, and I have a good feeling based on the discussions in the roll call. I think we have a good group and I'm hoping that a bit of gentle nudging will get the conversations going.

As out M&G isn't until day 4, I am also arranging an informal meet up at sail away. That may have an impact on the official one, as some people won't go to both, but also by the time we get to day 4 people may have got to know each other a bit anyway.

I can't say I really wanted to do it, but I've quite enjoyed it. If it goes OK, I may volunteer for another one in the future.