Honeymoon suggestions???

sgttami

As part of our wedding gift to my son and his future bride we have done the following:

They picked their cruise, we are paying for it..Balcony cabin 5/28/06

Over the last few months we have bought their passports, got them luggage for Christmas, got them brochures and such for their trip...(St Thomas, St Maarten. Tortola)

For the bridal shower I intend to include round trip limo for them from their house to the ship and a $500.00 shipboard credit. At the shower I wanted to make up a "basket" or something and include a few extras...bonine so they don't get sick, underwater camera, (they have a digital), sunblock and visors...etc...(they aren't big beach goers!)...Any suggestions????

They have both cruised before but it's been about 10 years for both..they are 27 and 24...she turns 25 on their honeymoon cruise...not big drinkers and really not into "celebrations"....any suggestions as to what I can include in the "basket."??? Thanks!!!

Wow! What great parents/in-laws-to-be you are!

Great ideas so far.

How about an aquapak (http://www.aquapak.com) or something similar for them to keep their valuables in while at the beach?

Maybe a couple bottles of wine with a cork screw and foil cutter for them to be able to have a special glass of wine before dinner.

Maybe gift certificates to a tanning salon for a pre-cruise tan.

Oh, and duct tape. Everyone has to have duct tape. It is a rule. (Just kidding!)

Have fun planning!

How funny, I just went on my honeymoon cruise on 5/28/05. My inlaws paid for the cruise as well AND my husband is from New Jersey, where it looks like you are from WOW! haha

I think a couples massage would be a better idea than a gift basket, ONLY because its less to carry off the ship at the end. We got a basket for our honeymoon, and it was tough getting basket off ship when we were leaving with all our other stuff. Just a thought. The couples massage is sooooo relaxing. But since you already got them the very very generous onboard credit, they could most likely do this with some of that money. So, hmm... I dunno. Maybe order a big vase of flowers to their room instead? They always smell so nice in the room the whole cruise. Under Gifts & Gear on the RCCL website you can order them.

You are very very nice to do all this for them. Wow, a limo to the ship! That is awesome!!!

Very nice gifts you've selected so far!

How about something more personal, like a sealed letter to them both about how happy you are that they're together?

Or a pack of postcards pre-addressed to you so they can write you as they cruise?

I'll keep an eye out for the limo. My fiance and I will be honeymooning on the same cruise! :D

When she said basket, I believes she means a basket at her bridal shower filled with some pre gifts for honeymoon...not that she was giving a basket of gifts onboard, since she's doing the $500 onboard credit.

Some things you have so far are great...my in-laws did the customary honeymoon as well...and one thing they did we LOVED was they did pay for us to fly first class...for your honeymoon, that was the ticket. We had drinks, filet...the whole nine yards. So maybe "first class" air tickets if you haven't booked flights yet. And maybe a Bon Voyage champagne. And I like the tanning certificates or mystic tan certificates if they don't want to use a tanning bed.

Have a nice time at their wedding!

As part of our wedding gift to my son and his future bride we have done the following:

They picked their cruise, we are paying for it..Balcony cabin 5/28/06

Over the last few months we have bought their passports, got them luggage for Christmas, got them brochures and such for their trip...(St Thomas, St Maarten. Tortola)

For the bridal shower I intend to include round trip limo for them from their house to the ship and a $500.00 shipboard credit. At the shower I wanted to make up a "basket" or something and include a few extras...bonine so they don't get sick, underwater camera, (they have a digital), sunblock and visors...etc...(they aren't big beach goers!)...Any suggestions????

They have both cruised before but it's been about 10 years for both..they are 27 and 24...she turns 25 on their honeymoon cruise...not big drinkers and really not into "celebrations"....any suggestions as to what I can include in the "basket."??? Thanks!!!

100 condoms. Being honeymooners, I'm sure they will use them all up. :eek:

What about maybe those t-shirts that say "just married" or a gift certificate to a book store so they could get books to enjoy while on the beach or whatever.

Or chocolates or something like that.

Maybe anything "travel" related would be good too, like neat passport holders or something like that.

I don't know, there are tons of things really.

I want a mother-in-law like you!!!!!

I've also seen those sandals that leave an imprint in the sand with 'Just Married'. That would be neat.

Also, what about a framed picture? Get a pic of the ship, do something on the pc with their pictures, names, etc. then frame it.

Maybe instead of a basket, get something like a canvas beach bag and have their names embroidered and dates. Maybe even 'Honeymoon Cruise' and ship name?

I also want a mother in law like you. My mom gave lift a basket at our bed & breakfast where we stayed our wedding night. In it was some cross word puzzles, games, stamps, candy, photo album, and a very nice note from her to both of us (which I still have after 8 yrs).

Well what ever you get them will be wonderful. I hope they have a lovely wedding.

They aren't flying to the port...it's less than an hour ride. (saves me airfare!!!) That's why we're doing the limo for them and since they are leaving Memorial Day weekend, there is no way that we are dealing with the traffic nor should other family members....

I am going to do the tote bag. More practical than the basket and if they go to the beach, they'll have the bag. Funny, my son was raised on the beach and his fiancee used to be a lifeguard and they both HATE the sun. I'm sure they'll enjoy it in the Caribbean however.

Good suggestions....they'll probably go through the shipboard credit quickly. I know they want to do alternative dining and get massages and some pictures..and if the money is there for them to spend, I'm sure they'll have more cocktails than they normally drink.

TA always sends wine and roses so that's done..I don't want to give them cruise overload but want it to be really memorable.

I wish I had a mother in law like me.....we paid for our own honeymoon and wedding!!!! (my second marriage, husband's first)

Condoms....by all means....I'm not ready to be called Grandma!!

Archived