Medical Treatment in Bermuda?

billslowsky

Has anyone ever had to see a doctor in Bermuda?  I'm just worried that should I take a fall or break out with something, what do you do as an alternative to the ship doctor?

Are there urgent care clinics that you can go to without appointments?

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Has anyone ever had to see a doctor in Bermuda?  I'm just worried that should I take a fall or break out with something, what do you do as an alternative to the ship doctor?

Are there urgent care clinics that you can go to without appointments?

Bermuda has a modern hospital with a 24 hour emergency room. Doctors in Bermuda are used to falls and breaks. Plenty of tourists from the US make the mistake of renting scooters and have accidents. Plus Bermudians get into plenty of road accidents. So the doctors there have plenty of experience. There are walk in clinics. I never used a doctor there but their EMS came to where I was on Horseshoe Bay when a tourist broke his neck diving off one of the rocks. They came pretty fast and acted very professional. When I was working, in a transportation occupation I had to call for EMS a number  of times for people and what I observed there in that instance was comparable to EMS in the US.  Health care in Bermuda is private and very expensive. They don’t take US insurance. So take a credit card and make sure you have travel insurance that will reimburse you. 

Edited by Charles4515