Disembarking in Barbados

Pvbgirl

I want to book a cruise which ends in Bridgetown but the air connections are few and not ideal back to Jacksonville.  Itinerary says we dock at 7 am and the only decent flight leaves at 8:45.  My experience on prior cruises with other cruise lines is that you can usually get off the ship early if you have early flights but is this true with Seabourn? If not, I fear we couldn’t get through customs and make the flight.

One other tip for getting off the ship in Bridgetown is to order a private limo or taxi to pick you at the ship.  On our recent cruise we got off the ship and got into the taxi Que approximately 8am. All of the taxis were still in the downtown area and the didn’t migrate their way to the port until 8:45am.  We stood in the rain for 45 minutes.  Good luck with your flights. 

You won’t make a flight at 8:45 unless it is the day after you disembark.

That’s just the way it is in Barbados. For this December’s cruise ending in Barbados our AA flight at 14:00 to Miami was recently removed from the schedule meaning that we will wait until their next one at 16:30, probably due the 737 max mess. Last year for a similar cruise ending in November we stayed at the Fairmont for 3 nights - great beach BTW-  and took the 14:00 to Miami. No one needs the stress!

Happy and healthy sailing!

13 hours ago, markham said:

You won’t make a flight at 8:45 unless it is the day after you disembark.

That’s just the way it is in Barbados.

Markham is right.  Even it the ship gets into the port of Bridgetown at 6am, SB still has to wait to be cleared by the local authorities and then start off loading bags.  The first person off the ship may be between 7:30 and 8AM.

We did the 14 day Barbados to Bardados cruise 2 years ago because we could fly out of Miami nonstop on Jet Blue in the morning and back in the evening.  Flights totally didn't work in our favor last year and we would have had to overnight in Barbados the night before 'and' the night after the cruise.  I changed our cruise to go Sint Maarten to Sint Maarten because the flights worked out much better.  (Same ports of call just different arrival and departure city.)  With that said, I would caution against ever using Sint Maarten airport, ever.  It took us over 5 hours to check our bags, get through security and get to the gate at SXM last year.  The only reason we made our AA flight it was delayed 3 hours.