Shore Excursions Booking question

barric

How/when is payment made for pre-booking a shore excursion?

I am looking at shore excursions on the NCL web site for a sailing in Sept.  When I select one, it goes into the "cart".  On viewing the cart, it asks me to pay with credit card or NCL gift card.

I have an NCL $50 per port perk, and I get a discount for NCL platinum.  But I don't see this going into effect.  Does this mean that I am simply making a res and guaranteeing it with a credit card?  And therefore, the charge will go onto my ship account for settlement after the excursion is completed, with perks applied?

10 minutes ago, barric said:

I am looking at shore excursions on the NCL web site for a sailing in Sept.  When I select one, it goes into the "cart".  On viewing the cart, it asks me to pay with credit card or NCL gift card.

I have an NCL $50 per port perk, and I get a discount for NCL platinum.  But I don't see this going into effect.  Does this mean that I am simply making a res and guaranteeing it with a credit card?  And therefore, the charge will go onto my ship account for settlement after the excursion is completed, with perks applied?

You need to phone to book without paying upfront.

The price should reflect your platinum discount though. Were you platinum when you booked the cruise? I have wondered what happens if you book a cruise then move up a latitudes level. Maybe you have answered that question for me.

1 hour ago, barric said:

Call the NCL Shore Excursion Department directly at 1-866-625-1167 (outside US 0845-201-8900).  The charge for the excursion will be added to you onboard account and the $50 per port credit subtracted after the excursion is completed.  You won't have to pay anything in advance.  Be sure to go to the Shore Excursion Desk on the ship to get you 10% platinum discount.  It will be taken before the $50 per port credit saving a few extra dollars.  For example: an excursion for 2 people that costs $200 total would get $20 off for platinum, plus $50 per port for a final total of $130 for two people.