Daily Activities

agnesd

On 8/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, lackcreativity said:

A personal favorite in Boston is the Isabella Stewart Gardiner Museum. The building itself is a real treat, built in the style of a Venetian palazzo. It is accessible by the T, but there is a walk from the nearest stop. It is also only a 5-10 minute walk from the Museum of Fine Arts, so if art is your thing, you can make a day of it!

This was a favorite of mine on my recent trip to Boston. If you want to see the lovely courtyard without a gaggle of “influencers” though, prepurchase your ticket online and arrive at least 30 min before the museum

opens. Otherwise you’ll be hard pressed to see anything past the mob of younger women in white sundresses and straw hats laying all over the steps for selfies! 

14 hours ago, noe4laj said:

This was a favorite of mine on my recent trip to Boston. If you want to see the lovely courtyard without a gaggle of “influencers” though, prepurchase your ticket online and arrive at least 30 min before the museum

opens. Otherwise you’ll be hard pressed to see anything past the mob of younger women in white sundresses and straw hats laying all over the steps for selfies! 

We were just there a week ago Sunday, and were fortunate to miss that. There was a bit of a crowd, and even a few selfies, but no sprawling on the steps, thank goodness!