Haven with adjoining stateroom

tatertot4

My family would like to book the Haven with adjoining stateroom on an upcoming cruise on the Encore. I know that the ships layout for cabins is similar to the Bliss and Joy. My question is do the people staying in the stateroom share in the Haven perks like priority boarding, disembarking, excursions, restaurant, bar and pool use in the Haven etc? It would only make sense to me that the entire family would be able to do things together not just those 'physically staying' in the Haven?

So if a family had 2 parents ( in the Haven cabin) and 3 kids in the adjoining stateroom, they wouldn't ALL get to do things Haven related? How silly is that? There must be some way that NCL makes allowences or charges for this. Has anyone done this?

15 minutes ago, tatertot4 said:

So if a family had 2 parents ( in the Haven cabin) and 3 kids in the adjoining stateroom, they wouldn't ALL get to do things Haven related? How silly is that? There must be some way that NCL makes allowences or charges for this. Has anyone done this?

The 3 kids wouldn't get Haven access. If they did, what would happen is that 2 families would put 4 adults in the Haven suite, put the kids in the connecting stateroom, and 2 families would have Haven access for less than it would cost to book 2 Haven suites.

The only way that all could get Haven access would be if the concierge allowed it. There have been examples (in the past) where it has happened but NCL has gotten more strict in recent years.

3 hours ago, tatertot4 said:

Why should they make allowances? There are cabins big enough in the Haven proper to accommodate your family. As PP said imagine if everyone did this- the Haven has limited space and it would be too crowded. 

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The 3 kids wouldn't get Haven access. If they did, what would happen is that 2 families would put 4 adults in the Haven suite, put the kids in the connecting stateroom, and 2 families would have Haven access for less than it would cost to book 2 Haven suites.

The only way that all could get Haven access would be if the concierge allowed it. There have been examples (in the past) where it has happened but NCL has gotten more strict in recent years.

As long as there is no one 18 years old in the adjoining cabin the children staying there will have access along with their parents.

I did it. 

I know it's not a Haven room...but on the Sky, my daughter and son-in-law had a suite. We had the connecting balcony room. Much to our excitement, we got all the perks of the suite. Since we had the same last name, it was now considered a "family suite!"

9 hours ago, teachberry said:

I know it's not a Haven room...but on the Sky, my daughter and son-in-law had a suite. We had the connecting balcony room. Much to our excitement, we got all the perks of the suite. Since we had the same last name, it was now considered a "family suite!"

I suspect you got this because the Sky is a smaller boat. On the larger boats the Haven facilities are controlled by key card access, butlers, maitre d's - and other people who know who has Haven access and who does not.